Lemmo - European minimalist designed bike

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
Hi I came across this brand (which is now available in the UK) the other day and liked its general design concept (if not its proprietary CAN bus comms). I'm not in the market for another pedelec but wondered what others thought and any actual experience? Peter

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Light, looks nice, I like few ideas, but at the end of the day it is another locked proprietary system. Not for me unfortunately.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Anything in my eyes that uses proprietary parts and Can is a no go area, short life and expensive parts doesn't make sense .

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
Anything in my eyes that uses proprietary parts and Can is a no go area, short life and expensive parts doesn't make sense .
I think I may have been wrong with 'CAN bus' - I had been looking at several recent sites about pedelec developments. The website actually mentions an IoT device which I gather means an 'Internet of Things'. Since I know nothing about an IoT protocol I am none the wiser as to whether it is proprietary.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Advertises lots of service points around Europe; none in the UK and most of the UK isn't even on their map.

Reactions: saneagle

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It's really sad. I'd like these companies to do well, but if you want my advice, avoid these sort of bikes like the plague. They're mainly OK when they work, which isn't normally long, then nobody can fix them and you can't get spares.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I think I may have been wrong with 'CAN bus' - I had been looking at several recent sites about pedelec developments. The website actually mentions an IoT device which I gather means an 'Internet of Things'. Since I know nothing about an IoT protocol I am none the wiser as to whether it is proprietary.
Here's my simple guide: It's not there to help you. Instead it's there to lock you out of help.

Reactions: Az. and Woosh

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
It's really sad. I'd like these companies to do well, but if you want my advice, avoid these sort of bikes like the plague.
My thoughts exactly. Companies like that talk a lot about environment, but in practice they produce disposable bikes. With giants of industry like Isla Bikes, Wiggle, CRC going into administration you will be lucky if this Lemmo startup will be on the market in 4 years.

Design something that will outlive your compony or even outlive you and me and you will win my heart and my money.