length of lockdown?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the Que in my tiny local shop was 15ppl long today and thats half the shop full as only got 4 isles.

no one had a mask on, no one is going to wear one well not round here anyway and the shop keeper is not going to enforce masks be worn either as there bloody useless.

just walk in any packed shop with ppl with masks on and fart next to them, yeah m8 can you smell that bad boy so much for your cloth mask lmfao.

or bung a mustard gas grenade in to the shop and see how many comes out alive, :p

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
the Que in my tiny local shop was 15ppl long today and thats half the shop full as only got 4 isles.

no one had a mask on, no one is going to wear one well not round here anyway and the shop keeper is not going to enforce masks be worn either as there bloody useless.

just walk in any packed shop with ppl with masks on and fart next to them, yeah m8 can you smell that bad boy so much for your cloth mask lmfao.

or bung a mustard gas grenade in to the shop and see how many comes out alive, :p
You missed the point.. The mask is to keep your cough and sneeze in, not to keep anyone else's emissions out.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• Disagree
Reactions: Chainring and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Aerosols as virus delivery systems
The new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, is tiny, about 0.1 microns - roughly 4 millionths of an inch - in diameter. Aerosols produced by people when they breathe, talk and cough are generally between about 0.7 microns to around 10 microns – completely invisible to the naked eye and easily able to float in air. These particles are mostly biological fluids from people’s mouths and lungs and can contain bits of virus genetic material.

any cloth face mask is useless you need a gas mask clamped to you face with a real filter on it to stop stuff that small.

all these things are a waste of money they offer no protection at all and what it says on the box is correct but you cant put that on a shelf for the sheeple to see can you.

all this is going to do is cause conflict common sense has gone out the window.

he makes more sense than anything in the news and does not make 1 penny out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainring

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Aerosols as virus delivery systems
The new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, is tiny, about 0.1 microns - roughly 4 millionths of an inch - in diameter. Aerosols produced by people when they breathe, talk and cough are generally between about 0.7 microns to around 10 microns – completely invisible to the naked eye and easily able to float in air. These particles are mostly biological fluids from people’s mouths and lungs and can contain bits of virus genetic material.

any cloth face mask is useless you need a gas mask clamped to you face with a real filter on it to stop stuff that small.

all these things are a waste of money they offer no protection at all and what it says on the box is correct but you cant put that on a shelf for the sheeple to see can you.

all this is going to do is cause conflict common sense has gone out the window.

he makes more sense than anything in the news and does not make 1 penny out of it.
you’re awake too. Very good video.

Last edited:

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Asda have masks on offer: https://groceries.asda.com/product/kits-accessories/preema-disposable-face-coverings-5-x-4-packs-20-coverings/2215673243467?cmpid=ahc-_-ghs-_-asdacom-_-hp-_-tile-2-_-face-masks-bulk
If you read the small print on the front, it says not suitable for PPE or medical purposes. So what use is it? Some one pointed out elsewhere, if this bug is so dangerous, why do they have to test to see if you have had it, or if you have got it? If you have had it, then by all accounts, you will be dead, along with all the other 'millions' in the UK. If you have it, then you are on your way. The whole thing is a plan run on fear to control the population. Surely people must be aware by now. They cannot ALL be Daily Mail/Sun readers.

Reactions: Scorpio

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I see the BBC headline on YouTube says there COULD be a 'second wave', and the result COULD be 120,000 deaths. We have obviously reached another stage in the plan to rule with fear. I COULD have two weeks in the South of France with Samantha Fox, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.....

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
I see the BBC headline on YouTube says there COULD be a 'second wave', and the result COULD be 120,000 deaths. We have obviously reached another stage in the plan to rule with fear. I COULD have two weeks in the South of France with Samantha Fox, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.....
I never watch the bbc unless I’m seeing what the next stage of legislation will be, or the next psychological subliminal messaging they wish to give.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
There is not yet a vaccine that is proven to give long lasting immunity so we should expect Covid to be around for a few more years.
We'll have local lockdowns instead of nationwide.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Asda have masks on offer: https://groceries.asda.com/product/kits-accessories/preema-disposable-face-coverings-5-x-4-packs-20-coverings/2215673243467?cmpid=ahc-_-ghs-_-asdacom-_-hp-_-tile-2-_-face-masks-bulk
If you read the small print on the front, it says not suitable for PPE or medical purposes. So what use is it? Some one pointed out elsewhere, if this bug is so dangerous, why do they have to test to see if you have had it, or if you have got it? If you have had it, then by all accounts, you will be dead, along with all the other 'millions' in the UK. If you have it, then you are on your way. The whole thing is a plan run on fear to control the population. Surely people must be aware by now. They cannot ALL be Daily Mail/Sun readers.
You missed several points (all of which have been made here before).

A mask is useful to reduce the risk of the wearer passing virus to other people, not for protecting the wearer.
The reduced risk to others is far from complete, but enough to make a (?significant?) contribution.

The bug is lethal to a small proportion of the people who get it (maybe 0.5%, nobody knows at all exactly); most who get it are far from dead, many don't know they've had it. If you have had it, then by all accounts, you will be dead is just wrong, I haven't seen a single account that in any way suggests that.

That number is based on on scientific modelling (itself highly uncertain, but the best idea we've got) of what could happen with no intervention.

I don't have much faith in government planning, but at least they are planning interventions that should help reduce that number, hopefully reduce it a lot.

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Plus in SW's Vernon Coleman vid he makes the ridiculous claim (5:30) of knowing two people suffocating to death from wearing masks :rolleyes:

While there's plenty to mock politicians for the shoddy way they're implementing public health measures & communicating advice, opinionated Mr Coleman's not the armchair expert he makes himself out to be.

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Plus in SW's Vernon Coleman vid he makes the ridiculous claim (5:30) of knowing two people suffocating to death from wearing masks :rolleyes:

While there's plenty to mock politicians for the shoddy way they're implementing public health measures & communicating advice, opinionated Mr Coleman's not the armchair expert he makes himself out to be.
brilliant watching though.
why not challenge him as if these people are talking rubbish surely one should front it and ask?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The virus is real and life threatening, anyone not believing this is deluding them selves. It is a Pneumonia based virus that attacks the lungs in a very severe way and deadly to a % of the population of all ages. I expect a % of the population may have contracted it without knowing so or have had very minor side affects, one certainly wouldn't want to swap places with someone who has had it bad.

From my work place I have heard of two cases by colleagues affects on them /their loved ones and the experience for them is very frightening. One guy I hadn't seen since February and only recently saw him, he was infected late January and has been in hospital/ventilated etc for 2 - 3 months.
Or another colleague who spoke of her son a fit man ( a pharmacist), he has been infected twice and now has heart issues and others due to being on the front line.

The wearing of masks my not help the individual much from catching it but will help to stop the spread via those who carry the virus, it is up to every one to protect those on the front line providing a service to all and just not the health care sector.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh and Gringo

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
'I never watch the bbc unless I’m seeing what the next stage of legislation will be, or the next psychological subliminal messaging they wish to give.'

I only look at the headlines to see what the latest BS is - I never watch the videos. When Gove told us that we must not get our information from 'alternative sources' but from the BBC, as that is reliable, that is what decided us to stop paying for a TV licence. A FOI request about how many had stopped their licence revealed 2018-19 there were 500,000 that gave up.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Wearing a mask is a salve / compromise - Ideally to not catch the virus we'd all remain safe isolated at at home - but politicians to get the country back up and running need us to get out and about and wearing masks while not 100% effective helps achieve that aim with hindering it spreading, along with maintaining distancing and hand washing etc.

And yes it does seem odd that shop workers aren't also required to wear masks / same for office workers / folk popping into a takeaway etc. Again that's down to inconsistent political implementation.

Though roll on September when all the kids are back at school and spreading it amongst themseslves to take it home....

Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The bug is lethal to a small proportion of the people who get it (maybe 0.5%, nobody knows at all exactly)
a lot more than 0.5% - if it's that low, lockdown wouldn't be justified.
The problem is very many people suspect they have got it and it turns out that they haven't. Only 1% of those tested got the lethal virus, 99% got something else. That gives the false impression that Covid is widely spread because of the large number of tests, it hasn't.

Out of those who have tested positive for Covid, 15% died.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Samantha Fox is heavily stacked ... :p

Advertisers