Letter from New Zealand

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I thought you guys may find this interesting, an electric bike in the earthquake.

Hello

My Wisper electric bike was damaged in the Christchurch earthquake in New Zealand (February 22 quake 2011, they keep coming!!!)

Can you please advise on a service agent in New Zealand that can repair and provide parts etc.

I purchased it about two years ago, I cannot recall the name of the reseller who sold me the bike but he was in New Zealand and not based in Christchurch. It was an internet purchase so I never met him.

The bike was a life saver, my son went missing for five hours, I couldnt get through the traffic jams to search for him. The wisper bike got me across the city and through the traffic. I found my son and he was ok (but had nearly been hit by falling rubble).

The bike itself has been underwater as part of the city became flooded, I was carrying the bike through the area that was flooded and fell into a sink hole. Picture attached, it still goes but has had water and silt/grip all through the electrics. It isnt quite right now and needs expert servicing/repair.

image005-37 100.jpg

Thank you

Dr Joe H.
Christchurch
New Zealand

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Quake

Commiserations to the poor people of Christchurch who have suffered as a result of the Earthquake or lost loved ones . Glad you and the family survived it Joe !

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Roger

I will pass on your best wishes. Joe and his family are all doing well. I was asked to make this post by our NZ guys to show there are some brighter stories coming out of the City.

Joe's electric bike his bike is in the process of being fixed by our friends in Christchurch, naturally they are not making a charge.

Regards

David