Lidl e-Scooter

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
Not an e-bike but related and could cause us issues when these are so readily available. Or is it just me who thinks these will cause issues, and possibly harm?

Their promo sheet said from the 19th inst. On that you need a magnifying glass to read it is illegal on highways, including roads paths and cycleways, thats for those who would ead.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
London Mayor/TFL were proposing to try and get these made legal for road use but will require DfT to make them legal in law or country wide use , not doubt regs will have to be applied but doubt if any will be acted on.
Eventually something will give and they will become common place esp in cities with green credentials.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
135€ fine if you are caught riding one on the footpath in France since September 1st. Of course we have so many policemen on duty your risk of getting nicked would be about 1/10,000 km...

Sanjuro

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2018
Every single day I see people riding escooters in London, with no police to be seen anywhere, they are increasing in popularity every day.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Every single day I see people riding escooters in London, with no police to be seen anywhere, they are increasing in popularity every day.
YEP it appears so, the Met did have a purge in July/early August after a woman was killed using one on the road. I read they stopped about 100 or so users but as far as I know they just got a warning/telling off, so not really going to deter many me thinks.

Paul Kay

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 2, 2019
Looks to be a re-badged Xiaomi M365 250W or M365 Pro 300W but with a more powerful 350W motor, if that detail is true. Either way, that's an absolute bargain price, more so if it is a higher powered version. I see, probably, half a dozen or more M365s arriving at/leaving from my local railway station every commute day plus many others. At that price I would buy one... if I didn't have one already. :) For reference, pretty much the same picture: Xiaomi M365

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Adamski

Pedelecer
Nov 27, 2018
I bought one. I have just got in with a flat battery and a big smile!
16mph even uphill! That 350w motor is stunning compared to a 250, lots of punch!!
The brakes are great too...mor tomorrow when I have tried it some more!

patrick skemp

Just Joined
Oct 4, 2019
I like them (or temporarily had a brief likening) but for different reasons. whilst abroad using a conventional bike I was overtaken by one. I tucked in behind the scooter and got the benefit of slip stream from a larger vehicle and rider than I would have got off a sports cyclist and yet not having to put up with the noise and fumes you get when behind a conventional scooter. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience