Lidl Workstands

C

Cyclezee

Just been down to my local Lidl and had decided to by two of them, one for a spare.
By the time I was leaving at 8.10 and having bought some food items, only 2 of the 10 on display were left:eek: Selling like hot cakes.

I expect they sell out by the end of the day, so if anyone really wants one and missed out, they can have my spare for the price I paid for it. Collection only;)

J:) hn

Last edited by a moderator:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks for the heads up I had forgotten about this!;)

C

Cyclezee

The workstand is excellent value for money. I have had my Forza and FreeGo Eagle on it already and they were quite secure and made maintainance much easier;)
I clamped both bikes by the downtube as both these bikes cables running under the crossbar.

Last edited by a moderator:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Excellent value for money indeed ! :D Only 2 left when I went this morning !

I can "suspend" my Brompton at about the center point of 50% weight distribution, but it is clear that the clamp is taking the strain when the bike moves (you can see the ABS plastic twisting). With gentle use, I am sure this stand will last forever though, as it feels strongly-built indeed, using a combination of steel and good-quality plastics.

At 30 GBP...Bargain !

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I've missed out on this stand. After trying three different Lidls, all after 11:00 am, every one said that they had sold out just after opening time.

Thanks for the picture. Now I know what I am missing. I'm not sure that Mrs T would be at all please if I brought the bike within 5 metres of the house, let alone inside it!

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I've missed out on this stand. After trying three different Lidls, all after 11:00 am, every one said that they had sold out just after opening time.

Thanks for the picture. Now I know what I am missing. I'm not sure that Mrs T would be at all please if I brought the bike within 5 metres of the house, let alone inside it!
Sorry to hear that you missed the unmissable bargain of the century... :( ... ;) (I'm sure there will be other opportunities though)

As for the bike-in-the-house thing...yeah, I get evil wifey eyes from time to time, but we have no garage so you gotta do what'ya gotta do :p :D

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Both stores in Milton Keynes are now sold out. A friend of mine (fellow Scot) went looking this morning and struck out. Question is how much do I charge him for my spare:D

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I got one:cool:

Tillson, happy to try a few local stores for you if you want to pick one up from me (norbury s/w london) Maybe someone nearer to you could have a look?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Both stores in Milton Keynes are now sold out. A friend of mine (fellow Scot) went looking this morning and struck out. Question is how much do I charge him for my spare:D

I just put 4 on evil bay:confused: :D

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I got one:cool:

Tillson, happy to try a few local stores for you if you want to pick one up from me (norbury s/w london) Maybe someone nearer to you could have a look?
Thank eddieo, that's a very kind offer. I'm a bit to far away to collect it though. I'm sure they will come around again in the future.

Regards

Tom

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
They're back ! :)

LIDL

Excellent value for money indeed ! :D Only 2 left when I went this morning !

I can "suspend" my Brompton at about the center point of 50% weight distribution, but it is clear that the clamp is taking the strain when the bike moves (you can see the ABS plastic twisting). With gentle use, I am sure this stand will last forever though, as it feels strongly-built indeed, using a combination of steel and good-quality plastics.

At 30 GBP...Bargain !

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
My local LIDL has the updated version of the stand I bought some time ago. The main difference is quick-release fasteners, to replace the basic "screw on" design. I have been using the stand without any problems, great piece of kit for the price! Dan