Lidl

danieldrough

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2007
Devon
Hi All

I don't know if Lidl have their special offers nationwide (I'm presuming they do) but at my local store, from Monday, they have a range of bike related goods. Last year they had a similar offer and I purchased several items, which I was very pleased with. In particular, they are again selling tops and shorts made from "Coolmax". They are only £5 compared to £20-£25 in bike shops.

Hope this is of use.

cocoabeans

Pedelecer
Mar 17, 2007
Thanks Daniel, that's useful to know. I found that you can look up offers available in your local store at www.lidl.co.uk. The cycling gear will be available in my local as well so hopefully it's nationwide. I always wonder how these places get things so cheap though...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I always wonder how these places get things so cheap though...
I think it's often a case of a manufacturer's or importers forecast of likely sales failing to be realised, leaving them with overstock and a lack of cash.

A quick sale to the likes of Lidl, Tchibo or Aldi gets them off the hook, and those companies possibly rely on a continuous flow of the results of poor forecasting.

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Just been down to Lidl's and picked up one of their Men's Running Jackets.
Been out on the bike with it on and it's great - lovely and light.
I find my hi-vis cycle jacket hot and uncomfortable even on short trips - long trips are a nightmare. When I get to where I'm going I'm in a bath of sweat - not nice.
It not hi-vis, instead it's red and black, matches the bike colours nicely (I'm colour co-ordinated :D ) and still very visible :cool:

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
apart from at night :rolleyes:
Yep, I have the same problem with my expensive eVent Jacket which is blue, so I bought a yellow reflective bib to go over the top (not the food catching kind - although that would come in handy too :rolleyes: ).

John