Lifecycle Buzz

Toronto Kid

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 28, 2018
Southampton
Hi all.
I replaced my stolen electric bike with a secondhand Lifecycle Buzz last January. I froze myself on my ride home and now the weather has warmed up I've taken the bike on a couple of runs. Since I've had the bike I've given it a good service and now I find that the bike is well worth what I paid and it's a great improvement from my stolen bike. My query is with the controller. I can scroll through the pages of the controller and I can see speed, avg speed and max speed with an odometer and a trip and a trip time. I find that the MPH doesn't show any more than 000 when I ride and the other pages don't change as i ride. What looks like a reset hole on the rear doesn't do anything that I can see. On the back of the controller is RoHs with EN15194 embossed above the name. What looks like a serial number is written across the top of the rear. It has an on / off button at the rear which, when pressed, switches the bike on and on further presses the display scrolls through it's pages, On the front is a second button which gives a power boost when pressed. Does anybody know why my controller doesn't work when displaying MPH and the other various pages and is there something I can do to fix it. The bike works brilliantly as it is and the controller has obviously worked in the past because it has data displayed. Any help will be appreciated.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
There's probably a speed sensor somewhere; a little magnet on the spoke of one wheel and a detector on the frame. These need to come within a few mm of each other as the wheel turns. It's possible these have been knocked so the sensor isn't working.

Reactions: Muddyfox

Toronto Kid

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 28, 2018
Southampton
There's probably a speed sensor somewhere; a little magnet on the spoke of one wheel and a detector on the frame. These need to come within a few mm of each other as the wheel turns. It's possible these have been knocked so the sensor isn't working.