Lighting wiring

Tabman55

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2021
Hi I’m looking to make a light with a switch hooked on that runs off it’s own battery pack and not the main one, I have the battery holder/discharging device and the light bar, will be getting some 3D printed mounts made however I’m looking to put the switch on but haven’t a clue how to go about this, I’m fairly new to all of this so any help is appreciated

do I need to add some sort of capacitor or fuse in my circuit? The battery box looks very generic and doesn’t look like it has anything like a fuse in however with it being a solid piece I can’t open it up to check, do I just ask the manufacturer? (probably a stupid question)

it’s a simple 12v flood light from harbour freight just 2 wires coming out (+,-) and the same with the battery box, I’m just looking to figure out where I should solder the switch and everything else

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
In general lights\torches and similar do not use fuses. Capacitors, if needed, would normally be integral to the device itself.

Difficult to comment further, without seeing links or pictures for the light and battery you are trying to use.

Why have the light seperate from the main eBike battery and controller setup ?

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Low power, no need for fuse. High power means higher currents and more damage in the event of a fault, so fuse a good idea. How powerful is this 12V lamp, and many other questions! Pictures of everything always helps, details from labels etc doubly so.