Lightweight urban e-bikes such as Ampler Curt, Orbea Gain F40 etc.

DroidOne

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
Stockholm (Sweden)
Thanks again for all the advice. I received the Cannondale EQ Quick Neo the other day. Haven't had time to properly ride it so far, but it does look great. Took it for a quick spin but didn't get very far as there was a problem with the chain (bike dealer will fix it come Monday).

It weighs 19,85 kg (medium sized one) according to my scale with everything mounted on it, which is pretty good all things considered: mid drive motor, 500Wh battery and a very solid build with metal fenders+and such.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bonky

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2019
That's interesting..thanks....

May I ask how tall you are...as I'm thinking of getting a Neo2 too. Evans' have them at £2700 ("£700off") BUT I'm also interested in the new Boardman.

Boardman HYB 9E and the Cannondale Synapse NEO 2

Boardman: Lighter; £500 cheaper; removable battery and motor unit. Doesn't look like a 'lecce'; 250W battery - limited range. Simple LED readout. A good app available for smart 'phones.

Cannondale: Heavier; much better range (500W battery); better group-set (Shimano Ultima /105). More informative readout. App is available too.

Any advice besides trying before buying (I have tried the Boardman - the more expensive version (£2700)- seems comfortable and quite powerful.

Thanks

SmallWaves10

Just Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Has anyone had any experience with the Ridgeback eflight 2018 model?

Can currently get it for about 1700 heavily discounted. Looks decent - mid drive Shimano steps motor, and fairly lightweight hybrid frame. Around 20kg in total, but more powerful than the wheel-hub Motor ebikes like the orbea gain. (See photo attached).

Also there's the Orbea Keram Asphalt 30, which is currently discounted at ~£1800. More powerful than the gain with a Bosch mid-drive motor. Looks sturdy as hell, but probably a bit heavier than the gain.

OP - how's your new bike? Any chance of a review? I hadn't heard that one before but will check it out now. Also will check out the Ampler bikes too.

Still looking for more recommendations though, if anyone has them! :)

Attachments