LITELOK ‘Sold Secure’ Approved .........except

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
I’ve just taken out two insurance policies through YellowJersey . com within which one is offered the opportunity to purchase at a slightly reduced cost £85 odd a LITELOK security device which is rather like a steel strap encased in a plastic mesh, a photo of the device in use shows it threaded between the spokes and around the frame and then even around a lamp post or similar, — all very good Except that the strap when opened measures 24” long in a straight line and when doubled back to its clip (closed) it is too short and inflexible to go anywhere, if that were not enough the 2” width of the steel strap will not pass between the spokes of my 20” wheels where the gap between spokes is 1-1/4”.

These Litelok security straps have just been delivered and from information enclosed one is shown several variations in length for choice presumably however its a shame that such length variations were not originally advertised with the product.

With the smallest Litelok costing £85 odd I hate to think what longer units would cost, no company address is given so only way of contact is through the web.....
Just so you know.

Jim

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

In today's money that is a fiver a second! o_O

• Informative

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
“Video not available in this country due to defamation complaint!”

That’s what the video overprint says.

Jim

Last edited:
  • Informative

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Video not available in this country due to defamation complaint!

Jim
You what? Jeeze the guy broke the lock in 17 seconds! On CCTV!

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
I’m getting an alert that at 4.04 flecc reacted to this post BUT I CANT FIND IT!

Jim

russ18uk

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2018
Find me a lock that is more secure PLEASE?

Jim
There aren't many. Check out the Lockpicking Lawyer on YouTube for bicycle locks, then check to see if you can use it alongside your insurance policy. Bolt cutters, hydraulics will go through most locks like butter depending on vanadium content, or picked in a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, my bike was stolen in broad daylight from a bicycle rack. People don't care/notice thieves.

So: only security is never leave it anywhere you cannot see it. Although an alarm will be a better deterrent if you lock away from a bicycle rack and in a busy area.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Find me a lock that is more secure PLEASE?

Jim
Any lock that is gold insurance company level will get your insurance company to pay out. Use two locks of different types not one. If you leave your bike somewhere regularly (station) take a photo of how it is locked up, that will help your insurance claim if it goes missing. Keep your bills for bike and added equipment.

It is only a bike, if it gets stolen after you have taken all measures possible to prevent that, bad luck! Get another one.

Reactions: BigG