Location of controller in bike with integrated downtube battery

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
I’m looking for help in finding the location of the controller on an e-bike with a down tube integrated battery where the battery is removed from the bottom of the bike. The specific model is a Furo Aventa.

A mate of mine has managed to break a pin off the connector running to the rear Hub motor and is considering trying to split and solder the cable to a new connector. I’m trying to persuade him that’ll it’ll be easier and safer to replace the entire cable but the battery is integrated and the cable routes through the frame. The male plug with the duff pin is on the battery side rather than the wheel/hub motor side.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The controller likely may be a tube type and likely be concealed at the base of the battery or even in the removable battery tube, access one would think will be via an access cover at the top or the bottom of the frame.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
Thanks. I’m assuming that a replacement cable will have a din plug at the motor side and terminal connectors similar to this extension cable on the other side. I guess he’ll have to do some disassembly to figure out what goes where.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The nine pin motor connector is commonly known as Julet water proof connector and is common with nearly all generic type hubs. One exception is the Suntour Hesc.
How the end at the controller mates who knows, but yes some disassembly will be needed to see or at least the battery case will need to be slid out.
It may be found that the connection is at the top ?