Looking for a light weight e bike. Currently have free go hawk

Kanwalhaq

Just Joined
Feb 22, 2020
Hi. I have been riding an electric bike to work for almost a year now but I find it’s difficult to pedal my free go hawk without electric assistance. I am looking to upgrade to a lighter weight e bike so that I can ride back home without electric assistance like a normal bike. Which bike do u guys recommend.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hope someone recommends one of ours...
Would be wrong for me to do so!

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
at 13.5kgs, you have Juicy's Furtivo and Orbea Gain, they are two of the lightest e-bike this side of £2,000

The Woosh Faro is 3kgs heavier, at 16.5kgs:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
One of the low power assist lighter ebikes such as the Gain might work for the way home.

But I suggest you try one first to make sure it has enough grunt for the way in.

Your other option is a Bosch bike, which has better engineered control software and a more of a push bike feel than the Chinese hub bikes.

Sport setting on the way in for a decent amount of assist, and eco on the way back for a very limited amount of assist but still not 'difficult to pedal'.

Once again, give one a try first.

As a now experienced ebiker, it shouldn't take you long to decide which bike will work best for you.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Your other option is a Bosch bike, which has better engineered control software and a more of a push bike feel than the Chinese hub bikes.
Bafang has the M800 out for nearly a year, it weighs just 2.2kgs and looks very smart. Lots of lightweight bikes have it now.
Aikema comes out with their M65M, also 2.2kgs and is nearly identical to the M800 but at half the price.
I am tempted to fit one to my Faro.