Looking for a mini 36v controller

Welly_59

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2019
I'm wanting a replacement controller for my Dawes arc, which has LCD display and throttle connections.

The current controller just fits inside the frame so I'm looking for a replacement that also fits in the frame.

The dimensions are 90mm X 50mm X 30mm

Anyone come across a controller this size?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Loads. They're the best small controller. You need to buy the LCD with it, and I think it's always worth buying the pedal sensor, speed sensor and throttle to guarantee the right connectors and compatibility.

Welly_59

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2019
Got you, thanks. I'll pick this kit up next week.

Nothing wrong with what is currently in the bike, but I want to add a throttle and my current controller does not have the required wiring. Also would be nice to have a display that does something apart from tell me my battery charge using 4 LED's.

Needs to be small as I want it to fit into the frame as it currently is.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This controller will make a massive difference to the enjoyment of your bike. It has better power control and it'll make your motor much smoother and quieter. It'll be like a new bike.

Welly_59

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2019
Awesome. Out of the displays, any recommendations of one over the other?

I've seen plenty of people recommending th lcd3, but those posts were a few years old

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Personal choice, though the LCD1 and LCD5 don't give access to all the settings. The LCD3 is nice, but the bracket is a bit fragile, though it's pretty easy to make your own bracket out of aluminium sheet. The LCD3 is just held to the bracket with 2 screws.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you want an lcd a little less obvious check out the super neat new LCD4 a very neat mini display and the speil say's it has user parameter settings as well.
Topbikekit is the go for place now for all KT stuff and hubs from China.

Welly_59

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2019
Does the lcd4 give access to all the required config screens that the lcd3 does?

I don't like the look of that topbikekit site. I don't mind buying from China, but it needs to be translated correctly before I'll trust it

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Does the lcd4 give access to all the required config screens that the lcd3 does?

I don't like the look of that topbikekit site. I don't mind buying from China, but it needs to be translated correctly before I'll trust it
We don't know yet. That's why I didn't advise it. I will have one to try in a couple of days, then we'll know.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
LCD4s have arrived. I have to go out now, but if I get time later this afternoon, I can try one, otherwise tomorrow.

Welly_59

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2019
That would be great! I'm looking to order in the next day or so.

In the meantime I'm going to post a thread in the technical section to document my rebuild

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nothing wrong with the TBK site and dealing with them they appear to be very good, recently a member had an issue with his AKM128c hub and TBK got him spares for it which no one else offers.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Topbikekit, BMSbattery, Elifebike, PSWpower, EM3EV and BTN are all good Chinese suppliers that I trust and have ordered from.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
LCD4s have all the parameters to P5,C14 and L3. The display is quite small and the up and down buttons are quite fiddly. I can't see them working with gloves.

• Informative
Reactions: Nealh

Welly_59

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2019
Excellent. I have a lcd3 on the way from China, as pswpower did not sell the lcd4 with the controller I wanted.

I will see if I can pick one up separately, as I would like a smaller display than the lcd3. Makes it less likely to get damaged on a folder

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I have a couple of spares, which I bought in case someone else wanted one. £30 including postage, which is what they cost me. I got done £25 for duty by DHL.