Looking for a new display

Leema

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 10, 2017
Devon TQ2
I am considering changing my Lishui KD58C ebike display for a larger clearer screen. I have the Bafang hub motor BFSWX02. How do I go about purchasing a new display from all the different ones online. If it is possible to change how difficult a job would it be. Is it a job for DIY or should I look to a professional to change . Hoping somebody can assist me. in my quest
Many thanks in advance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any display needs to be programmed to the Lishui controller, there's no guarantee that any lishui branded display will work.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
By the time you have bought a lishui display one may as well swap the controller out for a better KT one and use one of a dozen compatible displays that need no programming. They have user settings where one can make some tweaks to the bikes running.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: esuark

Leema

Sep 10, 2017
Devon TQ2
Hi Nealh.
I think that this is getting beyond my basic knowledge. Where is the controller and is it easy to replace. Also how would I know if the new controller would be suitable? Is this a job for a professional?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi Nealh.
I think that this is getting beyond my basic knowledge. Where is the controller and is it easy to replace. Also how would I know if the new controller would be suitable? Is this a job for a professional?
How can anybody say where the controller is, when you haven't told or shown us anything about your bike? Or I can tell you exactly where it is. It's on the other end of the cable that goes into your LCD.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The controller is a metal box aprrox. 3 .5" x 2.5" x 1.5" though can vary in being smaller or much larger, either follow the motor cable, batteyr cable or the display cable to find the controller.
With out a pics of the bike or battery we won't know for sure where the controller is, some are integrated in the battery base which makes finding one even more tricky.

Afaict simply buying another Lishui display may not work as the programming may not match your existing controller, Woosh may know the answer but I believe )I may be wrong) Lishui Items still need pairing if buying from alternate sources.

Leema

Sep 10, 2017
Devon TQ2
How can anybody say where the controller is, when you haven't told or shown us anything about your bike? Or I can tell you exactly where it is. It's on the other end of the cable that goes into your LCD.
Sorry didn't think. I blame it on old age!!. My bike is a Woosh Rio MTB. I have uploaded a photo of the frame which hopefully may help

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The controller is that black rectangular lump at the bottom of the battery bracket on the frame, you can't change the controller to another one easily using the same set up.
Speak to Woosh first and see if they can help with a differing display, as I mentioned a display may need programming to pair with the LSW controller.