Looking for advise and helpful opinions.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
with a carbon race bike frame a bafang hd 1000w might fit the bb but it might need modding to fit the motor dv8 did one and could not be put back as a normal bike crank wise.

you would also need the batt in a back pack as putting it on the frame would add alot more waight and vibration could start to crack the carbon esp at high speed.

imo this would also be the same for the bb as the amount of torque from the motor and your effort as well could be to much for the rear triangle to handle and stress the rear frame to the limit.

a ti frame and carbon forks would be a better option imo going mid drive

the best part of the bafang system is you can programme it your self and no need for a dongle as the only limit is when the batt explodes and catches fire going 70mph.

the faster you go the amps needed from the batt goes up a lot so if the pack is to small it will be a point of failure.

same with the motor controller and the winding in the motor it can only take so much voltage and amps.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Now I’m seriously interested I really do like my carbon and think it would be relegated I’ll put a pic on and if you think it could be converted I would appreciate your thoughts?
it's quite easy to electrify a CF bike as long as you don't need crazy power that SW posted above.
A small battery can be placed inside a saddle bag together with the controller.
If you need more range, you can fit a small frog battery to an aluminium seat post.
I also have a torque sensor kit which is very lightweight, stealthy and built into the crankset.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It might be possible for CF bikes a mid motor is out as the BB build up of material around the ali shell is to larger unless the shell is push fit, then the material build up is likely to be too much.
A possible option might be a small light weight front hub like the Aikema 75/1.2kg, the 85/1.6kg or the Bafang G370/1.7kg.