Looking for an e-trke to try.

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
I have an old friend who is unable drive as the result of a stroke. He is also unable to balance on a bicycle but is thinking that an e-trike might work and help solve his transport problems. Unfortunately he has been unable to find anywhere to try one.

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a person or dealer with one that he might be able to try or hire, without obligation. He’s located in Buckinghamshire but I could take him any reasonable distance to try one.

That should be e-trike not e-trke in the title

Last edited:

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Just a thought, I recently bought an electric mobility scooter for a friend and because of his disability was able to avoid paying VAT,
I don't know if you could do this with a trike but it may be worth inquiring into it.
Dave.

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Just a thought, I recently bought an electric mobility scooter for a friend and because of his disability was able to avoid paying VAT,
I don't know if you could do this with a trike but it may be worth inquiring into it.
Dave.
Very good point - I hadn't thought of that. Thanks - I'll pass it on.

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
I have an old friend who is unable drive as the result of a stroke. He is also unable to balance on a bicycle but is thinking that an e-trike might work and help solve his transport problems. Unfortunately he has been unable to find anywhere to try one.

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a person or dealer with one that he might be able to try or hire, without obligation. He’s located in Buckinghamshire but I could take him any reasonable distance to try one.

That should be e-trike not e-trke in the title
You may wish to consider mobility scooters the company Quingo is located in Luton, and were very helpful in providing a home visit whilst we were looking into various types of wheel chair for my wife. They did not get a sale becuase she did not want a machine in which she had to apply steerage and control, they even have a remote control facility for a second person to activate the power & brakes whilst the rider steers. Eventually we got a manual wheelchair for me to push with TGA electrical add on motor to assist

Quingo Mobility Scooters | Mobility Scooter Offers

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
depends which part of bucks, but last time i was in cyclotricity at aldershot they had a trike in stock.

C

Cyclezee

Ansmann Trike

The Ansmann Trike is available for test rides at Ansmann UK in Harlow, Essex or we get one sent to Milton Keynes if that were more convenient.

You can download the specification here Ansmann Downloads - electric bikes and conversion kits

The Cyclezee price is £1799 with an 11.6Ah battery which has a 3 year warranty and 4 year motor warranty.

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Many thanks for all your replies and suggestions. After some web browsing recumbent e-trikes seem to have caught his eye and I think we’re going to have to find one of those to try first. I’m beginning to wonder if showing him my electric bike was a mistake!

C

Cyclezee

We also convert recumbent trikes of various brands with eZee, Ansmann, Falco and Heinzmann systems.

Below is an example of a TW Bents trike with an eZee conversion.

P1040471a.jpg

C

Cyclezee

Nice view of Willen Lake at MK
Well spotted VictoryV,

Are you local to MK?

That photo was taken nearly 3 years ago.

Bet you don't know where this one was taken;)

P1060747.jpg

This one is a bit of a giveaway:rolleyes:PIC079.jpg

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
the ICE trike is fantastic! except it suffers from the problem of all recumbent trikes ......

you can't see a blooming thing, so all those lovely rides where you can see over the hedges become a thing of the past.

super fast, a bit hairy in traffic, and really easy to peddle.......but i just couldn't get on with not seeing much on a journey.

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
Hi John,
Live at Biggleswade, the track around Willen Lake is ideal for me to push my wife's TGA asssisted wheelchair since it is very level and well surfaced - the parking is OK too. Not sure on the second picture, but guessing on the second half of willen lake on the other side of the roadbridge seen in the background of the initial pic with the trike, 3rd pic is in Jersey! Bon Weekend Vic

C

Cyclezee

Hi Vic,

Got you there, but I'm sure not many residents would have guessed the location of the second one, it is take from The Marle Inn overlooking Linford Lakes - Welcome to The Marle Inn and a good stones throw from Cyclezee, a shorter stones throw would hit The Black Horse just over the Grand Union Canal from us The Black Horse in Great Linford - View our food menus.

I thought you might have guessed the third location, the much maligned and frequently repainted Concrete Cows.

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
Don't know if you found a trike, but there is a motorized kmx on ebay at the moment.

looks from the pictures like it could be a bit of a hack job, but it also looks like you'd get it for c1k if you wanted to.

(no connection to me, know nothing about it, just browsing and saw it)

electric recumbent tricycle | eBay