Looking for bpm rear wheel with 500w motor

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have a look at BMSBattery BPM2 kit is cheaper by about $50/60.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Ah so this means swapping out just the motor is unlikely to be succesfull?
I havent done it personally.But other screw on plate motors can be very hard to open.I think D8veh has said before they are very difficult to open?Also they are not easy to find anymore.The 6 screw plate are most common

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Alternatively ditch the BPM although very good and get a lighter but still powerful Q128c or Q128h.

D

Deleted member 4366

I've used Greenbikekit loads of times. I have an order in shipping right now. The controller in that kit is pretty useless by modern standards unless you want throttle only. It would be better to buy just the motor. If you want a controller, get the sine wave one from PSWPower.com. Their sister company Elifebike.com sells the bare BPM at $88 plus shipping. Theirs is 230 rpm, which is a nice speed. If you email them and tell them you want the PSWPower sine wave controller, they should be able you stick them in the same box to save shipping cost

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My error in #22 as I said PSWPower for the bpm, d8veh correctly has said it is Elifbike for the motor.
The two companies are the same one sells hubs and older models

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have used all four vendors and dealing with them is not a problem the items usually arrive within 4 days once despatched. I particularl like PSWP/Elifebike , if only they sold the Akiema's as well.

Elecmtb

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2017
London
Thanks guys. Apologies for the late reply have been busy.
So my situation is kind of forced but I feel like if I have to order from China it would be prudent to get a controller/throttle etc. As incase I have a breakage it would most likely invoke sods law if I didn't order one :)
My setup is around 4-5 years old now and doesn't have a lcd display. I don't feel any need as such for one but if they are cheap enough I wouldn't mind.

Can I ask what makes a good controller? What is the difference with a sinewave controller? Is it a straight swap with the old bms controller?

Also, hub wise. If I could get away with a lighter hub that would be great. What is the difference with the suggested q28c/h vs my bpm offering?

Thanks again for you help and patience.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Which BMSB controller do you have ?
You may well find the PSWP controllers to be smaller and compact then the BMSB offerings.

As you have a sensored hub with the 8 wires you will already have a sine wave controller, though you may not be able to use any LCD as they need to be compatible. The KT's from PSWPower are quite small and you can select any extra's you require from the drop down boxes.
Sine waves sends a regular smooth pulse signal, square wave models send an irregular lumpy signal which makes for a noisier set up.

Q128 is about 1.4kg lighter and 119mm in dia compared to 180 odd for the bafang
Performance wise mine appears to be as nearly as good as my Bpm, the bpm is a bit more brutal with the torque at delivering the power from a standstill.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Any KT controller will suit your needs as long as your new motor is sensored. S06S is 14A, S12S is around 25 amps - both from BMSB, otherwise 17A or 20A from PSWPower. Greenbike kit also have the CON63, which is the same as the S06S.