Looking for ebike for rough gravel and road

Henry5555

Just Joined
Apr 11, 2022
Hello. I've just joined. I did write a post earlier but it seems to have disappeared!

I'm looking for recommendations for an ebike that's comfortable on rough gravel off road trails (level, hilly trails mainly) but not too bad to use for general road use, locally in a hilly area.
Rad power 6 plus , himiway or Magicycle, there are my best recommendations

stargazer30

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2020
I went from a Cube/Bosch powered emtb style touring bike to a eGravel. The bike I have now is the boardman ADV8.9e. Main reason I swapped was the Bosch bike was just shy of 30kg and just felt like a tank. Felt really crap on the climbs due to its upright geometry and it being a flat bar. Plus I only do gravel and light off road so it was overkill. The ADV is 16kg and much easier above above the 15mph cut off. Plus as it has drop bars/hoods, it eats hills.

There are trade offs though. The battery is 250wh, half the size of a full fat ebike. I can squeeze 40 miles out of it if I leave it on low power/100w. Spare battery is small light and can be carried easy enough but the Fazua batteries are not cheap! Plus as its a fully rigid bike, I am the suspension. I've had to learn better technique for when doing the few bits of rough stuff I do occasionally ride over.

Reactions: simonsays