Looking for help on how to change the front tyre on an ECO Stepper.

Mark Drake

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 27, 2015
Hi,
I'm new here. I have an electric folding bike to compensate for weak legs. The bike has ECO Stepper on the frame, but I think that it is the same bike as the Viking E-GO and maybe a Tesco offering.

The bike did not come with even a user manual and I have not been able to find a workshop manual.

I've managed to download a user manual but that mainly gives instructions on how to assemble the bike from within a shipping crate, and gives an exploded parts diagram with each part numbered but no text to explain each part.

OK, I've had bikes for many years and I know my way round them pretty well, but this is my first electric one.

The front wheel has a large brushless electric 24 volt hub motor.

To change a front tyre I would have to remove the front wheel from the front forks.

One side of the hub has a simple nut to release that side but the other side has the electric cables feeding the motor.

I can part the electric cables at a plug and socket a few inches away from the motor.

The nut on the axle of the cable side is encased in a plastic shroud which seems to lead the cables into the centre of the hub.

Can anybody tell me the method of removing the front wheel from the forks please?

Can I put the front wheel back without altering any clearances of the motor?

Any help would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 4366

It's no different to a normal bicycle wheel. The black plastic thing is only a shroud. Wiggle it off and up the cable a bit, then you can undo the nut andvlift the wheel out. Take note of the washer and spacer arrangement because you have to put them back in the same sequence.

Mark Drake

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 27, 2015
It's no different to a normal bicycle wheel. The black plastic thing is only a shroud. Wiggle it off and up the cable a bit, then you can undo the nut andvlift the wheel out. Take note of the washer and spacer arrangement because you have to put them back in the same sequence.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
That gives me the confidence to get the spanners out.