Looking for his and hers folding ebikes around £800 max each

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Hi all looking for two folding bikes for me and the wife . Batt range around 35/40 miles , possibly front and rear suspension maybe at least rear , max batt charge 6 hours , disc brakes if possible , hopefully can be derestricted and purchased in uk thanks peeps

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Loads of Chinese tackle on ebay for that money - but not necessarily with all the things you're looking for, like suspension (tricky) or a larger battery for 35/40 miles - or if a larger battery, a quick-ish charge. I suspect you'll need to compromise somewhere. Most have cable disc brakes as standard these days.

Most folders, being small wheeled, are already thrashing nearly all of the RPM out of the motor as it is - derestricting (if possible) gets you a few extra MPH at best.

A good place to look is www.markshop.co.uk for the simple reason he stocks and sells most of the popular/better selling eastern-made (i.e. at your price level) folding bike brands such as Himo, A20, Fiido, Samebike. Most importantly, he's one of the few UK resellers that will actually service/fix them too if/when they break - otherwise you could be on your own with zero support.

Otherwise, Woosh's Rambletta - for value and support - if there's stock, and you can stretch your budget a little.

artspeck

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2016
Sunderland
I’m just about ready to sell my Wisper 806 SE folding electric bike with X large 700Wh battery for 60 mile range. Covered only 941 miles from new because of lockdown so in excellent condition other than a few cosmetic marks. Could sell for £850 minimus as the battery alone cost £700.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Only one bike I can think off is the woosh rambletta. My wife has one and loves it, I would buy one but if i bought another electric bike i would be booted out the house. Here is a picture of it after cycling round the isle of cumbrae. The new version has a disc brake. 43334