looking for my first bike or kit

steveH

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 9, 2013
Hi,

Just joined this site looking to buy bike or kit. look forward to reading posts and information. thanks steve

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
So did I and I'm still here looking.

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
Welcome! There's a great wealth of info and debate here. Switch off the telly and enjoy!

hopper_rider

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2012
Just seen this
ELECTRIC MONTAN BIKE WITH NEW 36V 10AH LITHIUM BATTERY | eBay

But it should be viewed along with this
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/blogs/pedalman/56-santa-cruz-folding-bike.html

If you are going in with your eyes open it may be something worth considering. Sometimes its possible to swap working bits from one bike to another anyway.

**** just noticed that one is a folding bike and one a mountain bike. It could mean poor manufacture, but could also indicate something completely different.

As already said be aware of possible pitfalls if bidding.

Last edited:

manalog

Pedelecer
Mar 25, 2013
So did I and I'm still here looking.
I know what you mean, same here but I was lucky enough to test a number of bikes at Redbride last Sunday. I kind of settle for a Kudos Cobra but Im still having second thoughts as I have certain requirement. Test as many bikes as you can possibly can. Have a look at the events section and see when the next one is. Good Luck.
Gerry

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I know what you mean, same here but I was lucky enough to test a number of bikes at Redbride last Sunday. I kind of settle for a Kudos Cobra but Im still having second thoughts as I have certain requirement. Test as many bikes as you can possibly can. Have a look at the events section and see when the next one is. Good Luck.
Gerry
I will be going to one this weekend. The weather forecast is going to disappoint Kudos Dave as it is going to be wet. Not called Wetton Mills Tea Rooms for nothing.

steveH

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 9, 2013
tea rooms

I will be going to one this weekend. The weather forecast is going to disappoint Kudos Dave as it is going to be wet. Not called Wetton Mills Tea Rooms for nothing.
Yes I am going to be there as well, may treat mtself for my birthday( 13th april). Wiil try as many as i can, hope weather is ok. Steve

manalog

Pedelecer
Mar 25, 2013
I thought the weather is going to good on Sunday. Try the KTM machine with 26" or 29" and put it on Turbo and enjoy.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I thought the weather is going to good on Sunday. Try the KTM machine with 26" or 29" and put it on Turbo and enjoy.
It's on Saturday, rain is forecast for later that day, but you never know it could be rather nice, certainly warmer.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Yes I am going to be there as well, may treat mtself for my birthday( 13th april). Wiil try as many as i can, hope weather is ok. Steve
Weather forecast is improved, rain should keep off until 4:00pm

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Manalog, a case of should have gone to Redbridge ;) (if you could have made it). We have several KTM bikes in stock plus a wide range of different bikes. You are more than welcome to take them for a test spin! Takes two hours to get to Norwich and there is a local train service from there. Alternatively we have a car park with ample space if you are driving.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
I'll give this one a miss its going to cost me a lot of petrol money to get there,maybe around £80-100!
Assuming you are in London Kudos are holding anothe one a week later at Rutland water which is still a distance but defiantely closer.

So far my plan is still to come and take a look. Probably will park at water houses and cycle down to wetton if the weather is ok. (will hopefully do the trail from one end to the other and back with a few break to play with the bikes available).

Taff which NEO would you prefer to see ?. Im thinking of usng the Xtrme but if you really want to see the Cross I will consider it (be warned it is the 55 cm version so if you are much under 5' 9" you may find it a bit big).

Taff

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2011
Wrexham
Taff which NEO would you prefer to see ?. Im thinking of usng the Xtrme but if you really want to see the Cross I will consider it (be warned it is the 55 cm version so if you are much under 5' 9" you may find it a bit big).
I'm 5'6" a Hobbit will be too big for me.
I'd love to see the Cross and get some feedback from you on how it tackled the hill up to Wetton.
I'm planning to get there early and go for a hike first.