Looking for my first electric bike

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
The point about torque senser isn't something I'd thought about, would something with a separate throttle be what I need
If you build you can have throttle and pedal sensor.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Gooner, it seems to me that you need a bike with enough power to take you home without your leg input. Depending on your weight and how hilly where you ride, you may be OK with a regular e-bike like the Halfords Carrera Crossfire-E or the Woosh Karoo if the hills are less than 7%. On hillier terrains, I would recommend that you look for a bike with 18A controller or a crank drive like the Woosh Krieger or the Woosh Bali.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?krieger

Reactions: LeighPing

Gooner

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2016
Thanks for the input, it's pretty flat around where I live, and I'm about 80kgs
.both of the bikes you mention are something I'd looked at

Kitara

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2016
Hi Gooner,

I just purchased my first ebike on Saturday, I chose the Wisper 905 Torque and I absolutely love it. I was concerned when I first chose the bike because I was told that with a torque bike, you have to work harder than with a cadence bike but on a test ride I fell in love with the torque. I am 43 years old, 2 stone overweight and really unfit however, I collected my bike and cycled the 5.9 miles home and I didn't even break in to a sweat and at the end of ride I actually didn't feel like I'd done much exercise at all. Even the next day nothing ached so don't please don't be put off having a torque bike, my bike has a throttle too and I find that brilliant. To be fair, I can't vouch or any other bikes because I only tried 2 brands but if I can ride a torque bike and not feel any negative effects then anyone can. :)