Looking for new /used battery for my Raleigh ebike

Chibueve

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 17, 2020
Hi All,

My name is Tony from the San Francisco Bayer area in California. I am avid cyclist, both mountain and road biking and been to a few events in the past few years. I am slowly getting into ebikes now. I recently purchased a new 2020 Raleigh Talus IE ebike (stock picture attached), but someone vandalized it and stole the battery and LED display unit. The battery holder with the keys are still fine. I am looking to replace the battery/display, but the prices are quite steep. I am looking for alternatives to the current battery stock back (36v 11.6Ah and 418Wh). The motor is SR Suntour E25 Performance Rear Hub Brushless DC Motor, 250W (400W max), 60Nm Torque. The current battery is a SR Suntour Li-Ion 410Wh Downtube Mounted, w/Lockset.

Here are my questions:
  • 1. Does anyone know the manufacturer of stock battery on the 2020 Raleigh Talus IE Ebike (Shimano, Bosch, etc)
  • Is it possible to replace the current stock battery pack/display with a different brand (such as the hailong/Yosepower or KT systems)?
  • Would there be compatibility issues with the motor/BMS or the dsplay?
I found this alternative from Yosepower (https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/Downtube-36V11.6Ah(429Wh)-Lithium-E-Bike-Battery-for-Phylion/SF-06,JOYCUBE/JCEB360-11.6-202.html). Any ideas if it can work.

Thanks

Attachments