looking to buy a controller

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
looking to buy a controller with the display can any one recommend one not to sure about the plugs to the Bafang BPM Motor it as a plug with 6 pins the controller thati have seen all seem to be 9 pins

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The six pin plugs are old style and use an internal speed sensor.
Show us a pic of the cable end that connects to the controller Phase and the three sensor wires, depending on this connection you might be able to use a sinewave Kt controller and display.

Last edited:

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
The six pin plugs are old style and use an internal speed sensor.
Show us a pic the cable end that connects to the controller Phase and the three sensor wires, depending on this connection you might be able to use a sinewave Kt controller and display.
thanks for your help on this i will take a pic soon

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I see six three thicker phase and there speed sensor wire Red, Blk & Wh.
You need a sensor less controller with the speed sensor connector like this one, it has a PAS connector, throttle connector if needed and the LCD connector. Select any Kt lcd display to use.
Sensorless Brushless Motor Controller DC 24V/36V 250W 6-FET 15A KT Squ – TorqueTech

If you want cheaper try ali express.
You may have to do some wiring as the connectors may not match yours.

Last edited:

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
I see six three thicker phase and there speed sensor wire Red, Blk & Wh.
You need a sensor less controller with the speed sensor connector like this one, it has a PAS connector, throttle connector if needed and the LCD connector. Select any Kt lcd display to use.
Sensorless Brushless Motor Controller DC 24V/36V 250W 6-FET 15A KT Squ – TorqueTech

If you want cheaper try ali express.
You may have to do some wiring as the connectors may not match yours.
Hi nealh im thinking when my old battery dies i was going to buy a 48v battery would this controller be ok https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283513202378

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes it's one of the 9 mosfet ones and dual voltage, add a nice KT lcd and voltage will be recognised automatically.

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
Yes it's one of the 9 mosfet ones and dual voltage, add a nice KT lcd and voltage will be recognised automatically.
Hi nealh i went for the KT-LCD3 is there any think i need to know when i switch it on for the firts time and what seting do i use

Reactions: PC2017

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will have to enter the P & C settings to look at the parameter settings, write then don and list them on here. Not much should need changing.
When you sw on, within 5 secs hold the up/down buttons for a few secs and the basic display will flash. One can set the correct wheel size, cut off spd and km or mph, press the on/off button briefly to move between parameters.
When the basic is done and no flashing icons within 5 secs, depress the up/down again to enter the 5 xP settings. Scroll thru the P's and write down the values, depress the up/down again to enter 14 x C parameters and do the same again and write them down.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
cut off speed for pedal assist.

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
just trying to wire this controller up and 2 of the plugs don't match up the throttle and pas is there a easy fix

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Directly solder the wires together and shrink the joint.

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
the speed sensor wire plug does match but the wires are wrong way round am i right in thinkig i just need to match the wires

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
PAS needs connecting to be legal and for pedal assist to work, throttle will work without PAS.
Yes wire sequence on sp sensor need to match.

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
PAS needs connecting to be legal and for pedal assist to work, throttle will work without PAS.
Yes wire sequence on sp sensor need to match.
thanks nealh throttle works but PAS. is not working and breaks when i pull out the break connector the throttle does not work