Looking to buy an electric bike

Markmi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 10, 2019
I am looking to get two ebikes they need to be light ish as going on back of motorhome.
Mainly looked at folders as lower weight and can fold and put inside if needed.
I am between
Kudos secret
Raleigh stow e way
Westhill link
Powabyke f100dx
Also been offered a good deal on a none folder that's low weight which is a westhill energise (nice but the very thin tyres concern me as we often use cycle tracks)

Can any help with any advice on any of the above please ?

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
The Seago e-Power might also be worth adding to the list.

Mine is still going strong after 4 years of use and abuse and the later models have a much improved spec than my early model.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Marwood Hill liked and rated this on in the thread below.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Markmi

Jul 10, 2019
The Seago e-Power might also be worth adding to the list.

Mine is still going strong after 4 years of use and abuse and the later models have a much improved spec than my early model.
Looks really good for the money and I will try to see one, but I fear at 22kg it’s going to be to heavy

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I am looking to get two ebikes they need to be light ish as going on back of motorhome.
Mainly looked at folders as lower weight and can fold and put inside if needed.
I am between
Kudos secret
Raleigh stow e way
Westhill link
Powabyke f100dx
Also been offered a good deal on a none folder that's low weight which is a westhill energise (nice but the very thin tyres concern me as we often use cycle tracks)

Can any help with any advice on any of the above please ?
Whatever you buy, make sure that the batteries, often a significant part of the weight of an e-bike, are secured with a key, but that the key holder can easily remove and replace them if they need to lighten them.
Also, whatever bike carrier you have on the back of your motor home, one on a towbar may not be the cheapest option (especially if you do not have a towbar fitted for example), but it is one of the most secure and high weight carrying options around, plus if you ever need to tow something, you will be most happy! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Maybe also having bikes with Disk brakes and a quick removal front wheel may also be cheap and easy options that might prove useful....I have them on my e-bike and although I rarely carry it on my Caravan, the easily removable front wheel function has been used several times for various reasons!!
Neither are expensive options and will usually/should be on a good modern e-bike anyway.
I would highly recommend a quality bike security chain to both link the two bikes to the carrier.
This in itself will not fx a crafty thief, but with the addition of two alarms, one on each bike, with remote controls, USB charging for about 2- weeks usage, that are fitted under the saddle and have a second job as rear light!!!
This is the one I bought over a year ago and it is still working fine and very cheap and sensitive:-
The Chinese English manual is really not needed to be read, as the unit is so simple to use.....
Do not forget to keep photos and serial numbers of your bikes on your phone, just in case one is stolen and you have to identify it after the police find it.
Well insured, for replacement value, each one separately!!
I hope this gives you a few new ideas.
Regards
Andy

Reactions: Markmi

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
With any bike for lifting or securing to a bike carrier, it is always advantageous/prudent to remove said battery to make the weight a little lighter.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Markmi you ought to add another to your list , the NCM Paris . It is slightly heavier than some but has an excellent spec . i.e . front suspension , suspension seatpost etc. My 9 year old Batribike Quartz Folder is nearly identical and has electrics designed by NCM , then called Leisger and it has proved faultless . The battery at 15Ah would give excellent range , is easily detachable and has a locking key , the step- over design makes it easier to mount than most Folders too . The weight of most Folders is 20 kg. plus the battery , so the Paris is a bit heavier, but this also makes it more comfortable for Commuting .

Markmi

Jul 10, 2019
Markmi you ought to add another to your list , the NCM Paris . It is slightly heavier than some but has an excellent spec . i.e . front suspension , suspension seatpost etc. My 9 year old Batribike Quartz Folder is nearly identical and has electrics designed by NCM , then called Leisger and it has proved faultless . The battery at 15Ah would give excellent range , is easily detachable and has a locking key , the step- over design makes it easier to mount than most Folders too . The weight of most Folders is 20 kg. plus the battery , so the Paris is a bit heavier, but this also makes it more comfortable for Commuting .
Thanks but I fear at 25kg it’s just to heavy