looking to upgrade from cyclotricity stealth

gryffe1974

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2014
Hi folks,

Looking for advise on my next ebike purchase like a lot of people on here i'm hooked on the whole ebike thing and as such after 6 months of owning my cyclotricity stealth i'm looking to Upgrade to a more powerfull longer range bike with better quality components, an off road style bike is my prefered choice and budget is no more than £2000. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
When you say offroad style do you need it to just look like an offroad bike or perform like one as well. In particular are you likely to be using it on road and cycle paths or as a proper off road bike.

A crank drive would probably meet your needs but there are some good hub drives like the KTM range with Panasonic hub drive. There is plenty of choice of bikes with Bosch motors so happy to suggest a few if you provide a bit more information.

Good luck with the search
David

gryffe1974

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2014
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, really i'm after a mtb style bike mainly for the look as im not keen on alot of the ebike styles that are out there, as i mentioned before the cyclotricity bike i have at the moment is fine but i want to upgrade to something with a better quality of component and if possible a more powerfull motor whether its hub or crank driven. My daily commute consists of some pretty steep hills so something with decent hill climbing ability would be needed.thanks

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
How about any of the bikes below? (Some have Bosch system and others pansonic hub drive)
http://www.electrifyingcycles.co.uk/ktm.html

Longest range would probably be the Bosch but my personal favourite is any KTM with Panasonic hub drive it flies in top assistance mode (I had people trying one yesterday and their opinion was there was more power than the Bosch and bigger gear ratio as it has 27 gears). I also have AVE bikes with 2013 Bosch motor for £2k or less.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
The Focus bikes that 50Cycles do are worth a look. They use the same xion rear hub motor that's on the Pro Connect (see my review in the reviews section). They are reduced at the moment and even the top spec bikes just comes within your budget. http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/all-terrain