Lost key for Zhenlong ZL07010-F battery.

Koolcat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2016
London
Hi guys

I have a Skyline iZip electric bike like this http://www.topelectricbikes.co.uk/Izip-Skyline-Gents/839.htm but my keys were lost and now the battery is locked in the bike in the "Off" position and now riding a 20kg+ pushbike and is not fun at all on the hills.

Does anyone know how I can replace this lock or get a replacement key for this battery?

Picture attached of the label on my battery and after Googling it found a link of what it looks like https://www.amazon.co.uk/REPLACEMENT-BATTERY-Li-Ion-ZHENLONG-ZL07010/dp/B0071IVQ4I

Attachments

Koolcat

Oct 10, 2016
London
I got it off eBay d8veh so I unfortunately don't have much to prove that I didn't steal it. What are you looking for that will convince you that its not stolen? I have attached a screen shot where you can see that my username on eBay with the winning bid is very similar to my username here.

I have now managed to get the battery out the bike and I can see there are a few screws to open the battery casing and should be able to access the key barrel. Now where to source this key barrel? o_O

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

OK, that's enough. I hope you can understand why i asked. You'd hate me if your bike was nicked and I told the guy how to get it working.

I'll give you the method by PM.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hey!!! That's my stolen bike give it back :p.
Sorry couldn't resist that :oops:.

Koolcat

Oct 10, 2016
London
OK, that's enough. I hope you can understand why i asked. You'd hate me if your bike was nicked and I told the guy how to get it working.

I'll give you the method by PM.
I understand mate. I know the feeling of getting my bike nicked. Its happened to me twice already. Hence nowadays looking for bargains on eBay. Thanks for the PM.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somehow the key got lost, so they just decided to sell the bike on ebay

D

Deleted member 4366

As it happens, I lost the keys to my battery about 6 months ago. Strangely, after I told OP I would send them a lock and keys, I went to get a special screwdriver bit out of my tool tool storage thing and a bit fell out into a draw below that was slightly open. It was like the bit was alive. Every time I tried to grab it, it seemed to jump under something else. Finally, I lifted up my caliper gauge box to get it, and there it was sitting next to my battery keys. I thought the keys might be in there, but I looked many times and didn't find them.
Strange, but true!

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Sorry,
But I think that as a matter of policy we should not respond to newcomers wanting new keys.
It is just too suspicious.
If some innocent person has been daft enough to buy something, anything, without keys,
Tough.

MaxDaddy

Sep 28, 2016
Sorry,
But I think that as a matter of policy we should not respond to newcomers wanting new keys.
It is just too suspicious.
If some innocent person has been daft enough to buy something, anything, without keys,
Tough.
Just as daft would be someone leaving their ebike unlocked outside a shop or using a £5 halfords lock. I'm not saying deserved it or anything but it's not the best move.

MaxDaddy

Sep 28, 2016
Good luck man.. In China, we can copy a key if you have a spare key.
China can copy everything including cars and electrical items. They even make fake milk and eggs. I think I watched somewhere that 30% of China's entire economy relates to counterfeiting.

Champedal

Just Joined
Oct 13, 2016
China.
China can copy everything including cars and electrical items. They even make fake milk and eggs. I think I watched somewhere that 30% of China's entire economy relates to counterfeiting.
No offense. The "copy" I mentioned is legal. Actually sometimes we do need this in daily life when we lose a key.
Regarding the milk, cars and electrical items you mentioned, I admit. Some people are really hateful. They are not cool. But China is changing and improving.
30%? Is this serious? I don't know. It's hard to define.

Koolcat

Oct 10, 2016
London
Im not sure that a thief would go though this trouble to get the lock replaced. Without the know how, its quite difficult to remove the cylinder.
Just a guy trying to get his equipment back in working order.

Attachments

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Not quite so, he says he bought it without keys.
Who would do that?
We do not know if the bike was stolen or not.