low speed wobble in my IZIP Via Mezza Enlightened folding 20" wheel e bike

bersh

Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2007
The wobble developed suddenly, but not related to going fast. The wobble is serious enough to make riding dangerous. The bike wobbles whether or not I am peddling.The bicycle store mechanic said he tightened everything, focusing on the front end, but failed to stop the wobble. I rotated the front wheel and found nothing wrong. I also called the Slime company to find out if their tire sealing product could be the cause, and their answer: no record of this ever happening. I do understand that perhaps the bearings in the steering headset could be the problem. Anyone out there have some additional thoughts on this? ?The bike has never been in an accident, but has fallen over a few times in its one and one half year history (I bought it new and paid extra for an extended service contract which will cover this problem, assuming they can figure it out, and that the source is not a damaged frame, since the distributor has no replacement parts).:( Also, does anyone out there know where I can buy another of this model in the US?