Low step with 20” wheels

Julie

Pedelecer
Jul 30, 2014
Gainsborough England
I have a lovely ebike with 28” wheels that I use for long distance commuting, I also have a 20” none electric folding bike that I use for short journeys. And I find the 20” wheeled bike so much more fun, it’s small, lightish and very approachable, while my ebike is powerful and perfect for the long distances I find myself reluctant to use it on shorter journeys And my knees struggle going more than a couple of miles on the unpowered bike.

So I would really like an electric low step 20” wheeled bike, to use for all the none long distance commuting journeys. My initial interest in this type of bike began when I saw the RadRunner, I like the look of it, the lack of gears put me off, and then RadRunner plus came out, I do find the 33kg weight a bit daunting though.

I recently saw pictures of the Cube Compact Sport Hybrid, which looks totally perfect and has very appealing specifications, but £2,400, while not too expensive for what you get, is really more than I want to pay for a fun runaround, another shortlisted bike is the Woosh Rambletta which seems very good value and very approachable.

Can anyone suggest any other 20” wheeled low step bikes I should be considering? Many thanks, stay safe.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Woosh Rambletta:

£849 with 36V 12AH battery, giving about 40 miles from a full charge.
If you want one, you should get it right away. It would probably be all gone in about a week.
The next shipment is end July or beginning of August.

Reactions: Grebacwhite and Gaz

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
Woosh Rambletta:

£849 with 36V 12AH battery, giving about 40 miles from a full charge.
If you want one, you should get it right away. It would probably be all gone in about a week.
The next shipment is end July or beginning of August.

I know your website says if your shorter than 5ft 9 you should opt for the rigid fork setup, but I'm 5ft 8 so wouldn't there be plenty of adjustment to raise or lower the bars even if your shorter than 5ft 9?
Just think if I were to buy one I'd want to opt for suspension.