Mahle EBikeMotion.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi. I have a 2019 Ribble ALe fitted with the Mahle system. It has three assistance levels. I find that my preferred riding style is to have either full assistance available or none at all and to enable this I have mapped all three assistance levels at 100% via the App. I.e. assistance is now either fully on of full off regardless of what colour the power button shows. Now, keeping in mind the legal side, is it possible to increase the torque available at any or all levels of support on this system. i.e. I want more support when hill climbing. I hope that all makes sense. Kind regards.
vectra

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
I have an Orbea with the same ebikemotion system, and I'm pretty sure it's a completely closed system (bar the app), with no option to change torque. I'm happy to be proved wrong, of course - it would be interesting!

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I have a Specialized Creo with a Mahle motor ( different type of motor) which uses mission control and that appears to be the only way to alter the power.

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
100% on red = full power, by default
The other two levels will have 100% of whatever power level they're set to be (default is something like green = 100W, orange = 175W?, red = 250W).

There is a mention of torque maps here on p 50, image D:
However:
- that's a spec for customising the app, not necessarily what the end user gets
- and there's no hint there is any extra power to be had from the system, even if you could tweak it

Two things you might look at:
1. whether US mode could be enabled. That allows a higher max speed, so it may also alter the max power. Again, not something I've seen in the UK since it's law-breaking.
2. a 'dongle' that claims to give you a few extra mph, but it costs silly money - £150-£200. I can dig out the link, if it's useful.