Maintenance stand

Jayfdee

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2018
Any reccomendations for a maintenenace stand for my Haibike, the suport/clamp tube is square section, and a steep angle, most I have seen look most suitable for round section top tube.
I would most times be using it without the weight of the battery, but occasionally with the battery engaged.
It is a full suspension, so a bit heavier than most.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Turn the head through 90 degrees and grip the seat post, it's what most people do, but I prefer like you, to grip the top tube as it gives a more balanced hold.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Keep an eye open for the Lidl bike workstand when they have them back in again I have one, rock solid and weight a ton. I like the flat feet pads that fold out to spread the weight and help prevent the whole thing slipping about on the floor if you're giving your machine some welly whilst hooked up. I think mine cost £25.

Reactions: jimriley

Jayfdee

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2018
Thanks all for the reccomendations, I like the idea of gripping the seat post even though it is not as stable.

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
View attachment 34148

View attachment 34148

Looks the spitting image of the one I got from Lidl, or was it Aldi? Can only just get my Giant Trance Ebike on it. Those jaws are hard to get a tight grip with. My mate just put 2 blocks and a piece of wood vetical on his shed side and pushes the rear tyre into the gap. Saves struggling with 24kgs. Well he is 77!

D

daltonbourne

{spam poster}

Last edited by a moderator:

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Bikers will become more confident on the road knowing they have a reliable bike repair stand DIY at home. First, decide where to position the flange, then use the pencil to mark its four holes. After that, drill the first two holes, then insert two bolts so you can accurately drill the remaining holes later. Grab the long pipe and connect it to the short one using a metal elbow joint. Connect it to the flange when it already looks like a letter L.
Eh?

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
This daltonbourne user may be a bot. All the posts from this user seem a little strange.
Normally bots have links and are trying to direct you somewhere to flog you something.
If it is a bot, maybe AI has moved to the point that even bots are looking for freedom.

Reactions: davell

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I got the aldi version about 11 years ago. Its ok. Not pro, but lasted so long means who cares.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
I've had a Lidl one for around 10 years or so. The seat pist/frame clamp is crap so I just loop the saddle nose over the clamp arm and use a toe strap to hold the front wheel to one of the stand legs which is fine for derailleur and rear brake adjustment.

I keep the stand outside in all weather's and it hasn't suffered unduly - tough as old boots.

Related Articles

Advertisers