Making a battery pack for EV conversion - Edd China's Workshop Diaries 27

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I started then had to go to work so will re- watch another day. Like wise I like him and he is good, much better for him now he has parted with prat Brewer.

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Looking at all of the safety precautions Ed China had around his battery and motor in the earlier sections of the report, the transition to 400V plus electric power is going to transform garage workshops in all kinds of ways. I imagine that by 2035, if we continue on the electric vehicle path, there will be far fewer small repair garages and a few big chains. More likely, main dealers and hardly any competition in the after sales service and repair. That would be a shame.

Having chained off safety areas, all those insulated tools and personal protection equipment (including I expect, insulated overalls) will bring massive change to the vehicle servicing industry.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There's a guy in Wales who retrofits any vehicle to EV, he was also featured in one of guys programmes where they attempted the 1/ 4 mile world speed record for an EV.
Some of the conversions looked impressive and unassuming, imagine being left for dust by a EV VW camper van based on the original design.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
There's a guy in Wales who retrofits any vehicle to EV, he was also featured in one of guys programmes where they attempted the 1/ 4 mile world speed record for an EV.
Some of the conversions looked impressive and unassuming, imagine being left for dust by a EV VW camper van based on the original design.
He's had his own show on Quest channel, Vintage Voltage, done some great conversions, most based on recycled Tesla motors and battery packs. If money allowed, I would deff. go conversion over production model with EV, same as I have with bikes.

Reactions: Andy-Mat

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

no auto pilot will be able to drive like that from machine learning well not going those speeds sat in the back seat with a broom stick on the go button round to tesco.

then have the tyre sensors say there fooked and need replacing only at a tesla dealers as car wont work otherwise :p

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I started then had to go to work so will re- watch another day. Like wise I like him and he is good, much better for him now he has parted with prat Brewer.
Brewer is an ill mannered idiot, much too full of himself, who never recognised what a pleasant and REALLY clever Guy, Edd China is.....he held that program together, basically with no proper assistance from Brewer....
Having to watch Brewer, just to follow Edd on the program, was a trial.....
I wish Edd everything good in the future.
regards
Andy

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh