Map my ride

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Just downloaded it and used it for the first time today.

I'll be blowed if I can work out how to put up a link on here to show a pretty picture of the route and stats though. It must be obvious. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ta

Gaz

D

Deleted member 4366

If it's a Samsung phone, you can do a screen-shot by swiping the screen with the edge of your hand.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Thanks d8veh.

It's an iPhone 6+. And I'm a luddite :rolleyes:

Gaz

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Nothing to stop you posting the MapMyRide web address of the ride.

It will have your user name on it, but so does the screen grab you've already posted.

Reactions: Gaz

basicasic

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
Amsterdam
An excellent app. I've used it for bike rides, runs and walks for quite a while now and would recommend it to everyone. It keeps a record of every event you log; really useful when you want to relive your summer glories on cold dark winter's nights :)

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Out of interest, did you have any hassle from walkers, when you did the section between Beachy Head and Birling Gap?
Not really, but I ride very cautiously around walkists and give as wide a berth as possible. I got a couple of funny looks, but to be honest, once I'd crashed down the first rabbit dugout my mind was elsewhere.

Been out across the marshes too this afternoon. 45 miles in total today. Left knee and right hip are feeling it. Saw a grass snake basking in the middle of the road, but wasn't quick enough to get a picture and snake wasn't in a photogenic mood.

Getting the hang of it:

Gaz

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The section where I always have grief, is between Birling Gap and Cuckmere Haven.
Like you I ride considerately, but for some reason have copped flak each time that I have ridden that section. The section that you rode from Eastbourne to Birling gap has always been fine, and the section from Cuckmere to Seaford Head is fine, it is just the middle section that seems to be the issue.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: EddiePJ and Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
There's a dip between Beachy Head and Belle Tout which was quite steep - that was where a bunny wabbit had set a clever trap for me :mad:

I'd never been quite so close to Belle Tout before - really fabulous views up there. Must take water with me tomorrow :rolleyes:

Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I bet that you didn't try going to the left of that shot! :D
It's quite disconcerting how easy it is to get close to the edge very quickly :eek:

But you're quite right - no left turn!

On a serious note, I used to work for the Fire Brigade. We had a line rescue crew, and I used to write the Chief Fire Officer's reports to the Public Protection Committee. 'Incident of interest' files used to be marked with e red star (contains disturbing photos). It didn't take long to realise you really don't want to look :( One photo in particular still haunts me.

Gaz

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
It's quite disconcerting how easy it is to get close to the edge very quickly :eek:

But you're quite right - no left turn!

On a serious note, I used to work for the Fire Brigade. We had a line rescue crew, and I used to write the Chief Fire Officer's reports to the Public Protection Committee. 'Incident of interest' files used to be marked with e red star (contains disturbing photos). It didn't take long to realise you really don't want to look :( One photo in particular still haunts me.

Gaz
ill look at it i watch ppl getting stoned to death and having there heads chopped off every day :)

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne

Went out in an old pair of shorts. Turned out to be the wrong ones as about ten miles out, once I'd got some blood in my muscles, they were like a tourniquet.
I've got the next two weeks off on leave. My wife's gone to Perth, Australia, so it's just me and tortoise (plus two adult kids who I see very little of). I reckon if I can do at least 20 miles in the morning and 20 miles in the afternoon, I've got to improve my leg strength and lose a bit of flab.
Knees got sunburned yesterday :(

Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Only 16 miles this morning and forgot to put MMR on :rolleyes:

Got up, over, and just west of Beachy Head. The wind was absolutely brutal, and actually quite cold. So I thought 'what am I doing?..'. And then it started to rain :mad:

No rain forecast and I'm sure it's a bloody sight windier than it says it is.

Maxed out at 41.5mph on the way back. Too fast for my liking, but a bit of a buzz all the same.

Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Pedalling hard downhill has got to be one of the most demoralising aspects of bike riding. The plan was to go to Seaford and up through Alfriston, around the underside of Arlington reservoir, Hailsham, then home. I'd already decided if it was too windy I'd probably cut it short at the Cuckmere and go back up through Littlington and past the Long Man. As it was, I made it to the straight (on the road) between the BH Pub and Belle Tout before throwing in the towel. Wind's supposed to die down, but if anything it's picking up :(