Marin Rock Springs BPM

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I've decided to sell my Marin Rock Springs conversion after I fell off my other bike and decided that I don't like the pain. I don't use it much now anyway.

It has the Bafang BPM motor and two 9aH lithium batteries in parallel. The batteries are about a year old, but haven't been used much. The controller is set for about 22amps which means that it will go up even the steepest hills without pedalling if you want. It has a secret switch that switches between 15mph limited and about 23mph unlimited. The front drop-outs have steel re-inforcers to prevent the torque of the motor spinning the axle.

The bike itself has quality full suspension that gives a really comfy ride and the hydraulic brakes have enough power and control to do what they're supposed to.

There's no pedal sensor or brake cut-offs It works on thumb throttle only.

You can read my build thread here. It's changed a bit since then and now looks like the photo below. It's very stealthy and nobody notices that it's electric.
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/9366-ive-improved-my-bike.html#post113481

I'm looking to get back what I paid for it, nothing less than £1200. You'll struggle to find a better electric bike anywhere without having to spend thousands. This one has real quality and power without being too noticeable. Send me a PM if you're interested or if you need any more info or photos.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Blimey mate, you must have had a nasty fall, for you to decide to get rid of this tasty little beasty.
I'm sure someone will snap your arm off, as it's a really nice looking bike ;)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi Fordulike,
yes it was a nasty fall.It has put me off riding it, although I did go for a ride on this one last night just to see how I felt.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I would perhaps consider sensible offers for my bike, but no silly ones please. If it helps me sell, and you to buy then thats good.

aeschylus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 11, 2012
Nice advert on ebay mate :)

in my experience you are better starting the bid off @ 99p (you dont get charged listing) and you then get lots of bids, which in itself attracts attention, and pull the auction (12 hours beofre it closes) if you are not getting near what you want..

I know that sounds daft, but my Mother sold her e-bike, she first put a buy it now at £320, never got a sniff, I told her to relist at 99p and she did, and got bids up to £400....

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi aeschylus, yes you are right in some respects.I did think about starting it at 99p, but hey I ended up putting a buy it now price.I have however put offers, so I guess I will have to wait and see.If I don't sell it then thats fine.I will leave it in my garage.Maybe if we get better weather I wouldnt be selling one of my two E-Bikes! I have got a few watchers, so who knows. I put it on here first thinking someone may have been interested, but not had any feed back at all.

Thanks,
Steve.