Meet my Woosh Big Bear Cargo Bike & how i fitted WingLights to Dutch handlebars

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
I've always wanted a front rack like yours, its only suitable for forks using capillary brakes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

MS.
My Big Bear has got a front disc brake but the forks came with capillary brake mountings. It was just blanked off with rubber inserts. This made it easy to fit the small rack, it just screwed into capillary brake mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
My Big Bear has got a front disc brake but the forks came with capillary brake mountings. It was just blanked off with rubber inserts. This made it easy to fit the small rack, it just screwed into capillary brake mounting.

i do like you set up it looks really good how many miles do you get out of the battery when you are towing your trailer around

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012

OK that's how you managed to get it on.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
i do like you set up it looks really good how many miles do you get out of the battery when you are towing your trailer around
It's a Samsung 15ah battery so good for 40 - 60 miles. Depends really on terrain and how much you use it. I live in a very hilly location but never worry about running out of battery wherever i need to go. With the trailer, the supermarkets, recycle centre etc are all within two miles of home so i wouldn't really know how far it would go on a charge.

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
It's a Samsung 15ah battery so good for 40 - 60 miles. Depends really on terrain and how much you use it. I live in a very hilly location but never worry about running out of battery wherever i need to go. With the trailer, the supermarkets, recycle centre etc are all within two miles of home so i wouldn't really know how far it would go on a charge.

Here is my bike and trailer i hope you don't mind me sharing it with you this trailer can be used as golf cart or a shopping trailer which i do use both for
i am going to be saving up for surly ted in time so i have a bigger trailer to carry things around
IMG_0226.jpg

Reactions: JimRides

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
This is my Veltop classic 4 on my bike this is to keep me dry when cycling with or without the trailer i am not keen on getting wet at all it is a god send when you are out and it throwing it down really heavy or it really cold it keeps the chill off you too it quite pleasant cycling in the winter because you are not hit by the coldIMG_0037.jpg

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
This is my Veltop classic 4 on my bike this is to keep me dry when cycling with or without the trailer i am not keen on getting wet at all it is a god send when you are out and it throwing it down really heavy or it really cold it keeps the chill off you too it quite pleasant cycling in the winter because you are not hit by the coldView attachment 19237
Wow! I have never seen anything like that. Is it a cycling hang glider?

Reactions: Mac_user82

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Wow! I have never seen anything like that. Is it a cycling hang glider?

i wish it was a hang glider to get about a bit quicker

it takes about 5% battery off my range when cycling the top piece can come off i only really use the top piece when it hammering it down to keep dry most of the time the shield is fine for most rain to keep the worse off you

Sometimes i have to go to appointments and i always have to cycle to my appointments so i have to be dry and not turn up like a drowned rat which doesn't look good at all.

my commute is about 12 miles one way and in the rain when it hammering down it just looks like you have been dipped in the pool that why i bought the veltop classic 4

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
D

Deleted member 4366

This is my Veltop classic 4 on my bike this is to keep me dry when cycling with or without the trailer i am not keen on getting wet at all it is a god send when you are out and it throwing it down really heavy or it really cold it keeps the chill off you too it quite pleasant cycling in the winter because you are not hit by the coldView attachment 19237
Should go pretty well with the wind behind you!

Blair

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2017
Perth Australia

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Always nice to see people using trailers on e-bikes to carry cargo around no need for a car really it is workable

I have no intention to learning to drive any time soon and the price for insurance and running cost is very expensive compared to a e-bike which is nothing

One of my friends has just paid about £850 to insure his car for 12 months that would probably service my bike for 3 years on average mileage

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Hi Marwood

Where did you get your trailer from.
They are on Ebay. Very low price for such a good product. Around £65 -£85. I fitted the mudguards to mine. Also, to comply with trailer regs you need to fit a reflective triangle, a flag and lights. The only other law requirement for a bike trailer is, you must be able to show that your bike brakes are good enough to stop ok.

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Ebike and Trailer reaches parts other vehicles don't.

Where i live there is a local Tesco store not a big store but big enough to do your shopping for the week i would say many of times i have seen my neighbours around where i live drive to Tesco and pick up the shopping and come back home again

It would be a lot more cheaper to just get a trailer and a good little bike to bring the shopping home better then bothering getting the car out all the time

It's about 1.5 mile to our local Tesco which i personally don't think even as none driver it worth starting the car up for that far at all
The thing is people think oh got to have a car to carry things but they don't think of other methods to get by

With all the way one way system in our town and traffic lights you would be probably quicker to use a bike and trailer then to bother using the car because there is another routes you could to get to
Tesco with out sitting in traffic lights for 4 minutes to wait for them to change is no fun at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Where i live there is a local Tesco store not a big store but big enough to do your shopping for the week i would say many of times i have seen my neighbours around where i live drive to Tesco and pick up the shopping and come back home again

It would be a lot more cheaper to just get a trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And these trailers sure will hold a lot of shopping weight. For weight example. I can carry a nine stone adult. Today, i carried these bags of chippings and they were heavy.

Reactions: Nealh and VictoryV