Merky bike E9

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
At a glance it is not UK legal. Link states Bafang 620 is 1000W.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It has a 1000w motor that isn't legal in UK. If you want to run illegally with a 1000w motor, a hub motor would probably be better and cheaper unless you have some special reuirements. What are you going to use the bike for?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
What are your wants and needs for an e-bike? Prior to my conversion last summer Almost all i had read on ebikes suggested that a mid motor was the 'best' option.. Problem is all the 'journalists' who had written the articles i had read had done the same research i was doing and nothing more.. resulting in a god-awful echo-chamber.. Its just not cut and dry like that, Mid motors do suit some folk better in some use cases, but not all.

If you can let us know what you plans are for the bike, and things like range requirements, and if you have a particularly bad hill to conquer? I'm sure you could get pointed in the right direction..

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Prior to my conversion last summer Almost all i had read on ebikes suggested that a mid motor was the 'best' option.. Problem is all the 'journalists' who had written the articles i had read had done the same research i was doing and nothing more..
Isn't it funny, when you can find on internet so many sponsored best buys reviews? You read about so many best bikes nobody ever heard of( best can be only one, but they usually list 10) and you end up totally confused. It is a new industry.

Reactions: MikelBikel

Maurice65

Just Joined
Mar 30, 2024
I orderd a red m9 ebike from merkybike
I orderd a red m9 ebike from merkybike. When I contacted them naomii told me the postage was going to cost me £150!!!
I said that most company’s selling bikes on eBay offers free delivery!! Or £70 at the most. She then said she would try for cheaper postage !!! Then came back with £70 so I paid it… had to wait over a week to get the bike as she said the courier had not turned up when they should have and that she had to re schedule the collection!!!! Not very professional at all!!!!!
Then when I finally got the parcel I opened it up only to find I had got a white coloured cycle!!!! Anyway I contacted naomii and said that I was willing to keep the white cycle to save the company the expense of changing the bike for the colour that I orderd. On the agreement that they supplied me with a £23 led front led light as a good will gesture to save them quite a lot of cash exchanging.. naomii agreed and said she would get me the light. I contacted her on a number of occasions, and got one excuse after another.. and weeks down the line no light !!!
THE COMPANY IS UNRELIABLE, AND VERY UN PROFESSIONAL.AND UNRESONABLE, I WOULD BUY ELSEWHERE …!!!!!

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I orderd a red m9 ebike from merkybike. When I contacted them naomii told me the postage was going to cost me £150!!!
I said that most company’s selling bikes on eBay offers free delivery!! Or £70 at the most. She then said she would try for cheaper postage !!! Then came back with £70 so I paid it… had to wait over a week to get the bike as she said the courier had not turned up when they should have and that she had to re schedule the collection!!!! Not very professional at all!!!!!
Then when I finally got the parcel I opened it up only to find I had got a white coloured cycle!!!! Anyway I contacted naomii and said that I was willing to keep the white cycle to save the company the expense of changing the bike for the colour that I orderd. On the agreement that they supplied me with a £23 led front led light as a good will gesture to save them quite a lot of cash exchanging.. naomii agreed and said she would get me the light. I contacted her on a number of occasions, and got one excuse after another.. and weeks down the line no light !!!
THE COMPANY IS UNRELIABLE, AND VERY UN PROFESSIONAL.AND UNRESONABLE, I WOULD BUY ELSEWHERE …!!!!!
Let us know how the bike turns out!

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
No point venting your spleen... You seem lucky to have received anything at all given that merkybikes website has now disappeared without trace. I'd be interested to know what persuades anyone to part with such a lump of money in the first place given the brand has no real history at all. Due diligence should suggest it was a risky buy.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh