Banned
Jul 7, 2008
thanks! just ordered one:)

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Good idea Flecc.

The one I have pointed to above is excellent quality, Chrome Vanadium with very fine polished finish, certainly on a par with Snap-on.

The annoying thing about sets is they also miss out 15 mm, the common size for non hub front spindles. I used to find these in the "odds" box at steam rallies and buy several at a time. That was in the days when the local youngsters borrowed them ....never to be seen again.

The new house rules require "All tools to remain on site". I can only describe the way they work on their bikes as "frenzied" which I prefer to keep out of, only intervening when a request for "A bigger hammer" is shouted through the back door!!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Good idea Flecc.

The one I have pointed to above is excellent quality, Chrome Vanadium with very fine polished finish, certainly on a par with Snap-on.

The annoying thing about sets they also miss out 15 mm, the common size for non hub front spindles. I used to find these in the "odds" box at steam rallies and buy several at a time. That was in the days when the local youngsters borrowed them ....never to be seen again.

The new house rules require "All tools to remain on site". I can only describe the way they work on their bikes as "frenzied" which I prefer to keep out of, only intervening when a request for "A bigger hammer" is shouted through the back door!!
Yes, the assumptions in spanner sets are annoying, especially when the loose 18 mm in a store can cost about £11, almost as much as a set!

Many do have 15 mm though, but 18 mm are as rare as hens teeth.

Ah hammers, the Birmingham screwdriver. :D