Wanted Mid drive wanted

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Hi folks, I’m in Northampton and looking for a bike for my sister, ideally with a mid drive torque motor.
Some superfluous history :rolleyes:
I’ve been cycling for years and added e-biking about 13 years ago.
starting last summer my sister has been joining me on my shorter rides (up to 10 miles) on our unassisted bikes, now she would really like to be able to come along on my longer e-bike rides.
As Ive only owned torque sensor mid drive bikes (Panasonic, and 2 Bosch) and been uninspired by a couple of hub drive bikes I've ridden, I think TS is a must have ?
Alternatively I’ll have to find a TS kit and a decent bike to fit it to ;)

Trek

Pedelecer
Jun 22, 2013
What is your price range as the mid drives like Shimano steps etc can be expensive

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Has your sister tried riding your bike? Is she happy with the power delivery of a TS?
yes

What is your price range as the mid drives like Shimano steps etc can be expensive
Thanks for your concern but I’ve been e-biking for 13 years and know how much they cost new and what I’ve sold them for second hand.

As to budget, lets see what’s offered.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
If you're in Northampton, there's no better place for your sister to see and try e-bikes than Rutland Cycles at Pitsford Water just north of the town (I'm sure you probably know it). I've ridden there a few times: There's a huge selection of e-bikes to hire, try or buy in the shop there, and several miles of traffic free trail and tracks around the reservoir to ride. Cafe and loos. Not sure how much of it is open in these Covid times, but a great place for your sister to hire or try several e-bike styles in safety to get a feel of what she may want/suits her best. You can also access the 20 mile (old railway line) cycle route from Northampton up to Market Harborough from Pitsford Water (NCN6) using a Rutland hire e-bike.

Bike Shop Northampton | Rutland Cycling Pitsford Northampton

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
If you're in Northampton, there's no better place for your sister to see and try e-bikes than Rutland Cycles at Pitsford Water just north of the town (I'm sure you probably know it). I've ridden there a few times: There's a huge selection of e-bikes to hire, try or buy in the shop there, and several miles of traffic free trail and tracks around the reservoir to ride. Cafe and loos. Not sure how much of it is open in these Covid times, but a great place for your sister to hire or try several e-bike styles in safety to get a feel of what she may want/suits her best. You can also access the 20 mile (old railway line) cycle route from Northampton up to Market Harborough from Pitsford Water (NCN6) using a Rutland hire e-bike.

Bike Shop Northampton | Rutland Cycling Pitsford Northampton
Thanks for your input,
I posted on here because I’m after a second hand bike, not new.

I got my current bike from Pitsford and I use to work overlooking the reservoir and could see the shop from my window.
The shop is only click and collect online purchases, pre booked workshop time and no cycle hire.
I’ve been up and down the 14 mile Brampton valley way (old railway) far too many times to count over the past 50+ years.