Help! Mirror for Carrera Crossfire

Bethy12

Just Joined
Sep 21, 2020
I’m looking for recommendations/suggestions for a mirror for my Carrera Crossfire e, preferably one that fits on the end of the handlebar. Just tried a Cateye BM-45 but it won’t fit due to the shape of the handlebars. Thanks.

Reactions: Nicholas Hammond

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Bicycle mirrors are expensive,and usually break in my experience.
But try some motorcycle ones, if you have a motorcycle factors close to you pop in and have a look, I bought some for my recumbent trike, they fit inboard ,as they would on a motorcycle handlebar, they are normally made from metal, and a pr should'nt cost more than £20.

• Agree
Reactions: MontyPAS

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
After trying loads of mirrors, I found the Zefal Cyclops to be the best at around £10. It has a double folding mechanism, so you can flip it out the way when you go through a gate and flip it back into the same position afterwards. Also, it'll flip if you crash, so not likely to get damaged.
Even if you did break the fitting in a hard crash, you can buy a replacement for £3.99:

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
not cheap, but worth every penny in my view, the Mirrycle

Reactions: davell

John F

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2013
Another option which I use:

US $4.09 40% Off | Bicycle Rotation Adjustment Helmet Rearview Outdoor Sports ABS Plastic Riding durable Universal Mirror Accessory Bike Parts
I have a bar end German one, whose name I forget but cost £15. It's basically useless as the area of the mirror is way too small so the field of view is tiny. I tried hard to adjust it to get the best result but failed. They had many alternatives, some with slightly bigger mirrors but I doubdt they would be any better. In addition witha big glove it partially obscures the thing anyway.l Waste of money.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

Swizz

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2017
Sk14
I had a Decathlon Btwin mirror on my old recumbent that gave a great view behind, although cannot vouch for the bar end mounting as I hacked it to fit on top of the bars using a spare light mount. The ball/cup adjustment helped in a tumble & never broke.

They are no longer available unfortunately...a bit gutted as I want one for the eBike but don't want one mounted where it'll get clonked easily. Although the Zefal looks similar, the mounting is not. May give one a try.