Mirrors

D

Deleted member 4366

All good stuff, now what about indicators, yes I could stick my hand out but that's so last century. I can't find a decent set for a bike, they all look like fairy lights. Needs to be super bright LED's and self-powered me thinks.
That's easy. Winglights. If you're lucky, you can find the Chinese knock-offs on Aliexpress for only a few quid. The only problem is that they go in the handlebars, so you can't have a bar-end mirror.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WingLights-Mag-Direction-Indicators-for-Bicycles-Bike-Indicators-AS-SEEN-ON-/112454845306?hash=item1a2ed4c37a:g:04cAAOSwVJhZTlKP

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
That's easy. Winglights. If you're lucky, you can find the Chinese knock-offs on Aliexpress for only a few quid. The only problem is that they go in the handlebars, so you can't have a bar-end mirror.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WingLights-Mag-Direction-Indicators-for-Bicycles-Bike-Indicators-AS-SEEN-ON-/112454845306?hash=item1a2ed4c37a:g:04cAAOSwVJhZTlKP
Yes, I've seen those, in fact, I saw them on Dragons Den and wasn't that impressed with them being on the handle bars. Can a following driver interpret them as a direction signal. Much better to be on the back of the bike. Not seen any in action in my neck of the woods, but worth looking at I suppose.

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
This looks really bright, however would drivers really get the point of the lights, I'm not 100% on that. It only notifies those behind, and there will be another dongle to try to fit on the handlebars whichever rear based thing you go for.

signalpod could be doubled up for front and rear on one handlebar control. But it gets expensive to do so and I don't know if it's bright enough for you.
https://www.ckbltd.com/uk/outdoor/iggi-signal-pod-v2-bicycle-indicators.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw47bLBRBkEiwABh-Pkcx6AdTJCIIM0mji_m-t8SJDPrL74UILjt707tndlbXFkOUAEIeNeBoCwYwQAvD_BwE

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, I've seen those, in fact, I saw them on Dragons Den and wasn't that impressed with them being on the handle bars. Can a following driver interpret them as a direction signal. Much better to be on the back of the bike. Not seen any in action in my neck of the woods, but worth looking at I suppose.
They show up very well both from the front and rear, especially at night time. they're easily the best solution. They're a derivative of the old bulls-eye indicators that we used to fit to our classic motorbikes.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I hope they work, but I've got a feeling that you're going to be disappointed. I tried longer ones than those, but I couldn't see a thing. You need one that goes outside the handlebars to see past yourself, though I guess it depends how long your bars are. Let us know how you get on. At least they look pretty neat.
I've yet to test ride and use them. But I'm not yet disappointed either. :)

0.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG6.JPG 7.JPG

Last edited:

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I modified the left side mirror to make it a right side one for one of my other bikes. Easy job. I'm off to test one now. :)

8 miles later.. Yep it works quite clearly, because it's a glass mirror. The angle can be adjusted in a number of directions to show what's coming up behind you. I crook my right elbow out to see what's directly behind me. Works well. :)

Last edited: