mobile at last

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
the past week I have been adding a kit to my ageing Raleight Max bought new early 1990's , all new cheep stuff off Ebay , the motor Crenex 36 volt 500 w comes with tyre & 7 speed cog , hand throttle , all wire's , controller , PAS , brake levers , & bag - the battery separate buy is Yose 36 v 10 ah .. also bought seperate , new crank/bottom bracket full kit , new cables & 7 gear shifter , and a speedo (a real one :D ) .
to-nights road test was 3 k and all seems to be working top speed is around 26 kph white wire still attached .
riding seemed strange at first with power kicking in after a couple of seconds , and just like the E Ride 15 after brakes are applyed the motor is still powering for couple of secconds
with the rear wheel being new the brake is 100 per cent . but the front brake is US even with new brake blocks , any forum member any idea ?
could it be wheel rim worn , greasey rim (its been cleaned with ISP rubbing alcohol) any help would be most welcome .

weather permitting a full road test will be carried in the morning (Sunday) .

will post a picture if forum rules allow .

plas man

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I'm guessing that a front disc is a non-starter.
So I'd suggest a Magura HS11. A real faddle to set up but, once done, can be left alone. Does mean mismatched brake levers but two weeks in you won't notice or care. This leaves a brake cutout on the rear.

Reactions: Plas man

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
inaugural to-day on a cold morning with normal seaside wind , still with a very poor front brake , anyway covered 21 kilometers no hassel bike went uphill with and without pedel assist checked all nuts/bolts on return only ajust was bottom bracked cones , the reed switch (?) goes behind the locking ring and and having no steel washer used gasket sheet to get the sensor to magnet tolerance , back home battery was on the last green light , it was not freshly charged .

re the front brake , new blocks are fitted the rim is/has been cleaned - could the area the brake blocks rub on be worn and need a new wheel ? (I'm thinking of a car disc replacement) may buy a new wheel .

pleased with it, and will get used as daily exersise , also the speedo rock steady and is compatable with the digital one along side .

IMG_2943.JPGIMG_2944.JPG

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
back to the front brake , seeing that all bits are new , I fitted a new outer cable to front and seems to be working , once bedded in should be ok , cold and wet so it was a stay at home day