Modest kit for wife and child for light riding in hills of Cornwall

Alaskan3

Just Joined
Sep 15, 2016
Cornwall, UK
I want a kit for my wife's Dawes discovery. It's got a toddler on the back so a front wheel would work okay i think. She cycles 3 miles to work and occasional 5 - 10 mile rides around town with hills here and there. What should we buy?

RooFredBike.JPG

This is what we (my wife and I) use for our small person transportation. It's quite hilly around here (Brighton and Hove) so the mid-drive really helps with it's torque delivery to aid easy climbing.
It does approx. 40-50 miles between charges. 0-9 levels of assist.
On the back carrier rack is the latest 'Quibble' seat we got from Netherlands, recently upgraded from a Co-pilot that he grew out of.
It's a pretty much go anywhere, do anything vehicle. Sometimes we take the off-road' route and he loves getting stuck into a bit of single track work ;)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
It's a BBS01 above. Quite adaptable and frugal out of the box.
Tweet it and it's fairly powerful as well. but I stuck to 3 speed and factory settings so far. And it's legal too, even though it's easy to derestrict.
Range is battery and ride style dependant but with a max of 30 miles required it would be a surprise if you flattened a 10ah battery. But as always bigger battery's are recomended

Reactions: LeighPing

Alaskan3

Just Joined
Sep 15, 2016
Cornwall, UK
Thanks both! I see the benefits of torque in the mid drive variety. Are they simple to install? Not that cheap either, so I wonder if buying an actual ebike would be more affordable as the current bike was only £65 used and wi. the cycle to work scheme I guess we could get a 30% savings.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing