Moore Large and Co

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Does anyone have any experience of dealing with Moore Large? They're the importers for Izip, I am told by my bike shop.

I ask because my Izip has been in the bike shop since mid-September waiting for a new wheel and hub motor to be supplied under warranty by Moore Large. They came up with one after about 6 weeks, but it was the wrong size. Since then (2 months or so), I've been waiting for a wheel to come from China! I could have swum there and back by now.

I don't think it's the shop's fault, but there's only so many times you can ring and ask how things are coming along - starts getting very tedious all round after that.

Any bright ideas for getting a bit of life out of them would be very useful.

Thanks, Hugh

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
wheels are easily sourced here......why wait just send them the bill:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Moore Large are a sound established company with a long history of trading in e-bikes Hugh, so they should come good eventually. Unfortunately supplies from China are usually shipped as and when a full container load justifies a despatch, so long delays for parts are very common with all companies.

Hi Hugh,

I have spoken to Matthew (warranty and parts) at Moore Large on a few occasions and have found him to be absoutely superb.

We do not stock izip bikes, but have repaired a number of them and have always found them to be very good for holding parts in stock and giving pretty straight answers.

In the past couple of weeks we have requested a new rear wheel for an Ezgo and a southpaw freewheel for one of the motors that mounts on the outside of the wheel and both have been readily available. The latter being nigh impossible to find anywhere else.

From my experiece I would guess that any stock issues are genuine.

Hugh - I have sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Martin

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
He also wants a hun motor Smartie,

I'd phone Moore Larges warranty dept and see if you're being fed bull by your bike shop.If you have any problems I have a direct number for the Izip guy for the UK

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
He also wants a hub motor Smartie,

I'd phone Moore Larges warranty dept and see if you're being fed bull by your bike shop.If you have any problems I have a direct number for the Izip guy for the UK

Sorry,tried to edit and pushed wrong button!

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Moore Large are a sound established company with a long history of trading in e-bikes Hugh, so they should come good eventually. Unfortunately supplies from China are usually shipped as and when a full container load justifies a despatch, so long delays for parts are very common with all companies.
Not very acceptable though, a waranty item should be shipped as a priotity rather than waiting for a full container.

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
All - thanks for advice. I'll give the shop another go and if I get nothing out of them by next week, I'll start on Moore Large themselves.

I'm not too surprised that it can take time to get stuff from China, but this is a bit silly.

It's also the second failure of the Izip Enlightened hub motor within a year :mad: - that's why I decided to cut my losses anyway and get the Kalkhoff.

Cheers, Hugh

Andrew harvey

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2008
Wyre Forest
www.smiths-cycles.com
I've got a bike shop and an account with Moore Large, they give excellent service and have never let me down yet.
The Izip s use flip/flop hubs that can take a free wheel both sides, they're common on BMX's as a last resort the bike shop could have built one up for a bigger wheel.
I've got a local rep visiting me Monday I will ask about availability of spares if I remember.

Andrew harvey

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2008
Wyre Forest
www.smiths-cycles.com
Sorry I didn't update this post earlier I forgot.
I spoke to Moore Large warrenty department on Monday morning.
They tell me that they have spare rear wheels for the Izip/ Curry drive range in stock, they do not keep huge quantities but they try to always keep some on the shelf.
What they do not have is the rear wheels with the hub motors these are 700c wheels and they are awaiting supplies, again they tell me they normally keep some on the shelf but they had several go out at the same time. The motors themselfs are generally robust it is mainly the hall effect wires that give trouble, this could be sorted by replacing the controller with a sensorless version which are now becoming very common.