Moore Large Electric Assist Bike

jacktee

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2007
I have a 2nd hand pedal-assist cycle with no name on the frame. 12 years old or older. Frame No:F7D00032. Conforms to BS6102 part 1. All this is on
a small label stating it is British made by Moore Large, Derby.
The charger states it's "Elebike", manufacturer CKB (Chinese).
I've replaced the batteries poorly as one now is dead. What did I do wrong?
I cleaned the chain wheel, magnets and sensor unfortunately disturbing the magnets. Should I replace them with alternate polarity?

I've written twice to Moore Large. They haven't replied.

Will it be a dockyard job?

jacktee

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry Jacktee, but virtually all e-bikes made more than six years ago should be garaged in a skip. The first E-bike ever made its appearance in 1991, so what you have there is the equivalent of an early 1920s car.

Things have moved on a very long way since 1995. A cycle museum could be interested in your bike though.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Jacktee helpfully emailed me with a photo of the wiring connections from which I was able to advise on how to connect them, and I'm pleased to say that my "ready for skip" prediction was premature as Jacktee has this vintage e-bike working again.

Can't be many of that age still running on the road! :cool:

Last edited:

jacktee

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2007
I have a 2nd hand pedal-assist cycle with no name on the frame. 12 years old or older. Frame No:F7D00032. Conforms to BS6102 part 1. All this is on
a small label stating it is British made by Moore Large, Derby.
The charger states it's "Elebike", manufacturer CKB (Chinese).
I've replaced the batteries poorly as one now is dead. What did I do wrong?
I cleaned the chain wheel, magnets and sensor unfortunately disturbing the magnets. Should I replace them with alternate polarity?

I've written twice to Moore Large. They haven't replied.

Will it be a dockyard job?

jacktee
Thanks to all who have helped get this dinsaur up and running again, that includes Moore Large with their magnets advice.

The bike may well be 12 years old but I feel 20 years younger. Thank you all - that includes pedelec for existing. Thanks to daveldo for telling me of its existence. And thanks to flecc - his advice has saved a lot of head scratching.