More assistance please

kalkhoffowner1983

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2021
Hi, does anyone know of a speed hack for the original Kalkhoff Endeavour Agattu 1? My first Agattu was faster with a cruising speed of 25mph and as I remember, was providing more assistance when peddling. This is exclusively for off-road use only.

Many thanks!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ii ride my bike off road and can go 35mph, mostly on the pavement :p

kalkhoffowner1983

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2021
I have heard there is some software what will change the amount of power or assistance given by the motor. However no bike shops want to help, they go on about "it's breaking the law, can't help" boring, law abiding slow coaches

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Mid motors use a dongle to trick the bikes speed, the trip mileage would be out.
Ebiketuning sell the items whether the agattu is covered I don't know, if you have the impulse drive then it may fail even quicker with a dongle.

kalkhoffowner1983

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2021
I've tried the dongle and it doesn't work. My bike isn't capped at 16mph. My old agattu was 'supercharged' and gave noticeably more assistance but the motor started making a loud grating noise

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I have heard there is some software what will change the amount of power or assistance given by the motor. However no bike shops want to help, they go on about "it's breaking the law, can't help" boring, law abiding slow coaches
It's not just about breaking the law and being liable in any accident for all the expenses and costs to both parties, if more than one is involved, but you will also void the warranty as It appears bike shops if doing work can refuse to do any as a manufacturer can tell them to check if the bike has been tampered with.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The kalkhoff's can't be de restricted unless a dongle is used, like most mid motor oem bikes they are tamper proof electrically due to the nature of the system.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I've tried the dongle and it doesn't work. My bike isn't capped at 16mph. My old agattu was 'supercharged' and gave noticeably more assistance but the motor started making a loud grating noise
I think part of the problem here is that nobody knows what version(s) of Kalkhoffs Agattu you're talking about. Your first post says "original Kalkhoff Endeavour Agattu 1"... but "Endeavour" is one range of Kalkhoff ebikes, and "Agattu 1" is a totally different range.

Kalkhoffs current series of Agattu 1 ebikes comprises no less than seven different models, using 4 different motor systems between them - Bosch Active Line, Bosch Active Line Plus, Shimano E6100, Shimano E5000.

Older versions of Kalkhoffs Agattu used Panasonic motors, then their own disastrous Daum/Impulse motors, before switching to Conti for all of a few months, and now Bosch and Shimano.

Without knowing what the heck you're comparing, I think it's impossible to comment.

All the motors have different characteristics/power outputs. Your original Kalkhoff may even have been a "Speed Pedelec", which generally aren't available in the UK unless specially imported.

Last edited: