Motor connectors on Kalkhoff Pro Connect

ribbit

Just Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Hi all - I have a Pro Connect with Nexus hub gears. My question concerns the connectors from the motor assembly - there are three external connectors, one a multipin and the other two are 3 pin. One of these connectors (with wires coloured black/white, yellow/black and red/white) appears to be redundant as there is nothing to plug it into?
I have just fitted a brand new motor to the bike but it still does not work. Battery is new and fully charged, lights are displaying ok on handlebar controller, but there is no motor assistance when you turn the pedals. Any ideas?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
What is the other one plugged into? Two thin wires are usually speed detector and PAS (two wires)

Photos help a lot

ribbit

Just Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Thanks for replying. In photos below, the connector that doesn't plug into anything is shown (Bottom right in first image).
After removing, refitting and connecting everything up again last night it does work now, at least the motor assistance kicks in when you pedal. The lights do not work though, even though I changed the micro blade fuse that had blown?
2016-03-13 17.18.25.jpg 2016-03-13 17.17.53.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not at all familiar with Kalkhoff but Chinese bikes/kits use 3 wires for PAS ,throttle, and speed sensor if your bike has no throttle then it could be spare for later retrofitting of one. Now that there are photo's I would be pretty sure that the unused one is for a throttle as the striped R/Y/B are wired in the same order as PAS.