Motor controller doesnt work with KT-v12l pas sensor

TomWeijland

Just Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Hi peeps,

I recently started building my own electric bike by buying a broken sparta ION. I reworked the hub motor, added my own motor controller and added a PAS sensor since the hub motor's hall sensors have been removed in the rework.
I am running into a problem with a specific PAS sensor. I own two types, the closed KT-v12l double hall and some generic 12 magnet single hall version. See below:

45635 and 45636

The first one is the one I want to use. This has a single direction effect, where the second one works both ways. I've measured both signal outputs. The KT switches between 0-4.35v and the generic one between 0-4.45v. The generic one triggers the motor and unfortunately the KT one doesn't.
This is the motor controller I have:
The specs don't mention anything about specific PAS sensor compatibility. So I'm a little bit confused at why the KT one doesn't work.
I tried a speed handle on the other connector, which does work.

Anyone who could give me a push in the right direction? :)

Thx in advance!
Greets from the Netherlands,
Tom

David Groen

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 24, 2023
hooi! i have found the same problem, the closed one is neater but doesn't work. It seems to be related to the width of the square wave, rather than the height (=voltage). This website below explains it , but doesn't help decide which PAS to use, so I had to buy 3, of which only one worked. All have 12 magnets. The throttle does work.

I have found the motor rough at low speeds, and connecting or disconnecting the Hall sensors makes no difference. I had the bike from new, and it was originally very smooth, but getting parts for it was expensive and difficult, plus it needed software plugins which are not available, so I bought cheap generic parts like you.

Bedankt, David