Motor cutting out after a few seconds

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Last edited:

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
I assume the crank removal tool works exactly the same on the right as it does on the left?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
yes, use the same puller with both cranks. You have to be careful with the crank puller. The extractor is made of hardened steel, the crank of aluminium which is not as hard (2.5) as steel (8), so the steel thread can easily damange the aluminium thread. I always put a bit of grease on the crank puller's thread before screwing it into the alu crank by hand - for at least 6-7 turns to be absolutely sure that the puller is straight to the BB spindle and not cross-thread.

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
crE arcing is what you get when a bare wire that has power in it jumps to bare metal causing a spark , just like a spark plug seemed to be as you pressed on the pedal it was like a clicking noise, the other vids where creaking noises

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Hi John.

I can confirm it isn't arcing. The battery has been removed from the bike and the noise remains

Reactions: john h

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
crE id love to know my self now what is the cause, i have two whoosh bikes a cd and a sport and have never had any problems , just like your self i leave the car and use the bike, im one of those people that would have to strip it right down just to find the problem by now, hope you get it fixed quickley .

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
I am the same in the respect that I want thr problem fixed! But I am not so handy with bikes (I'm learning), but give me a laptop and I will strip it down and diagnose it!

Reactions: john h and trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
positive spirit, crE. Give me a modern tablet and I don't know how to use it leave alone strip it down and fix it. With bikes, I found that I have to do each thing three or four times before getting the hang of it. Then there is the satisfaction that I am in control and I won't need to wait for and pay someone else to do that for me ever again.

Reactions: crE

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
You have ruled out the cranks and I am out of suggestion. There is a sprag clutch inside the motor, the clutch has a leaf spring that could make this kind of noise.

If it does not slip, then the clutch is working. To be honest, I never heard that clicking noise before when I tried the CD bikes but then I did not try to test the cranks. May be it's time to ask Woosh to deal with it.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
This creak is happening without the battery even in the bike. Forgot to mention that