Motor resistance?

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
The real nickable value is in the batteries. You can take them out but then that leaves a very pinchable / vandelisable frame and bits. The bar holding the batteries has a lock but if you just want the batteries ....

I deduced the battery cost to be about 3500 euros from the DS options page in case you were wondering.

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
The real nickable value is in the batteries. You can take them out but then that leaves a very pinchable / vandelisable frame and bits. The bar holding the batteries has a lock but if you just want the batteries ....

I deduced the battery cost to be about 3500 euros from the DS options page in case you were wondering.
Sorry for the tread drift by the way, you bought it up ;)

Reactions: waj1234

waj1234

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
I would just have to ride for pleasure and not leave it anywhere lol. I can pay kids to go in shops for me ha ha. Once home it would have to be anchored to concrete garage floor.

Can't have anything without some scum wanting to take it, shame really. I will probably be too old to use it by time I can afford one anyhow!

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Something doesn't sound right. You mentioned additional,weight of 12kg. Normally, it would be about 6kg.

You can see immediately whether you have any motor resistance, by lifting the wheel off the ground and spinning it. You can normally feel where any resistance is coming from. In most cases, it's the brake. Sometimes it's the cassette or freewheel rubbing on the frame, and sometimes it's washers rubbing on the cassete or freewheel.

It's very rare for anything to be wrong with the kit and you should be able to pedal without power similar to how it was before except your acceleration would be about 5% less and you'd have to pedal 5% harder on any upward incline.
Both the bikes I converted ended up 10kg heavier. The battery was around 4.2kg, the motor about 4.4 and the controller, wiring, throttle etc bought it up to 10kg. I ain't using your super dupa Aldi water bottle conversion though!!

waj1234

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Both the bikes I converted ended up 10kg heavier. The battery was around 4.2kg, the motor about 4.4 and the controller, wiring, throttle etc bought it up to 10kg. I ain't using your super dupa Aldi water bottle conversion though!!
Selling it now anyhow as can't get on with how an electric bike feels. Got bike for sale locally and kit for sale here. Which ever sells first etc.