Motor Temp Sensor

WIBBLA

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 8, 2011
Coventry
www.rzoc.co.uk
Hi All

Still loving my Ebike Conversion which i did back in June time and i regular ride 5 miles to work and 5 back so a good 10 miles most days (If not raining)

I have a 250w from Electric Bike Conversion which has 5 modes etc and temp sensor of motor on screen. Is this a reliable source of info?

I read rumours of motors burning out and all horror stories because they get to hot and die etc.

I am normally sat on mode 5 flat out average 17mph max speeds of 28mph on hills down etc motor temp seems to stay low. But i as i hit a hill i never drop the mode just nail it up hill normal speed about 12-15mph most the time.

Has anyone had issues with 250w motors and whats the temp range to worry about if it does get hot which to date i have not seen more than 18deg from record.

Thanks

Craig

Last edited:

WIBBLA

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 8, 2011
Coventry
www.rzoc.co.uk
Ignore my stupidness lol just looked it's the temputure of air outside doh.. anyway just rode home and motor is pretty much cold so can't be over working it

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
As soon as you get to the top of your hill,stop and put your hand on the motor and you will get a better idea of how warm its getting.